Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating DVD image folder
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
This may be off topic but I would like to know from people that actually work with video's and DVD in general. I have created a video of a friends son's 4th Birthday that included my grandchildren. I encorporated a slideshow of images taken by the parents attending. I plan to make copies for those who wish one. I want to know if it is possible to include on the DVD a folder containing the JPG images as just Image file?
Would I just burn the video to a Folder on HD, then store these JPG Image files in a separate folder uder the Video TS folder and burn these to DVD?
I hope you can follow my idea.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I've done it. Create the DVD to a folder. Then, inside the DVD folder, beside the Video TS folder, not inside it, create a folder for the images. Then burn to disc. When they put the DVD in the computer drive their DVD player may open. They can close the player and explore the DVD to view the images. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Thanks! I thought so but I wanted to confirm my thoughts. Now all I have to do is re-name the images to something meaningfull.
Thanks again Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I do this all the time, almost every disc.
Using Power2Go, I start with a DATA DVD.
I import my Audio and Video folders, and P2G asks me if I want this to be a playable disc, can't remember the exact message right now.
I answer yes, then import all my source files, or, even better you can load the PPM and use the disc in the future to re-edit.
Remember that if you use the PPM, you might not get all the images and video, just the ones actually used in the project. If making the disc for someone else, you can list on the disc label that the project files are on the disc for printing or viewing, and can also be opened as a project in PD 8 or higher.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21. 2010 12:38

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Flora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2011 12:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
hi, im using a pd9, and just made a slideshow with my 739 photos. now i have 2 questions, i have been trying to use a 62 mins long music to be the background music, however, it turns out to be only 42 mins slideshow, in which, part of the music was cut, no matter i choose 'music to fit photos' or 'photos to fit music' as my preference, or even change the duration of each photos to fit the music duration. it makes me very frustrated. secondly, please let me know, how to use pd9 to make a slideshow folder and photos printable folder on a dvd. thank you!