Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Zone
[Post New]
I am trying to download a template from Director Zone. It seems to download correctly. It downloads and after it downloads I click on it and I get a message that says that it is installed and ready to use. But when I go to power director it isn't there. I go to the download screen. Funny thing is that the first one I downloaded did great and was instantly in power director and I did the same thing. I don't know why this is happening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Suzanne
Suzanne
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Suzanne.
It depends on what you downloaded as to where it is. For example, if you downloaded something under titles it will be in the titles section, frames, etc. There is not any single place they will appear, so look accordingly as to what type of thing you downloaded.

I personally made a folder in "my downloads" that I named cyberlink DZ stuff. I place all of mine there for ease of locating, then click on it to add to my PD.

I hope this helps.
Cheers!
Kevin R.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2010 19:08

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
[Post New]
I downloaded a title and looked in the titles and it isn't there or else I am looking in the wrong place. The first thing I downloaded was a title and it is there but I have downloaded 3 other titles and I can't seem to find where they are.

Thanks. Suzanne
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Another thing to note is, if you downloaded something that is 4:3 then it only appears while making a video in 4:3. If it was a 16:9 then it will only appear while working in 16:9. This caught me off guard too the first time LOL.
Maybe that is the case. If not, it may take a more experianced person then me to help you. I'd check that though.
Kevin R Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
[Post New]
That's possible I guess. I am still new at this. LOL I love these forums though, I learn a lot. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me. I will keep trying. Suzanne
Kevin R.
[Post New]
You are more than welcome. This forum is full of nice people and I'm sure you will learn a lot and meet some cool people. Welcome to the board and happy ventures in your editing. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi SuzanTN,

Here’s a workaround I posted in the DZ forum that may help.

Question: Is there a way I can use a 4:3 text template from the DZ, in a 16:9 project?
Answer: Here’s what I did…

- Downloaded 4:3 template
- Opened current project set to a 16:9 aspect ratio

(New template did not appear in Titles Room library)

- Closed Title Room
- Changed projects aspect ratio to 4:3
- Opened Title Room

(Template now appears in the Titles Room library)

- Dragged template to Text track
- Closed Title Room
- Changed project’s aspect ratio back to 16:9

(Template in Text track now automatically stretched to 16:9)

So it seems that the trick when attempting to use mis-matched aspect ratio templates, is to first change the project’s aspect ratio to 4:3. Then drag the 4:3 the template to the Text track. Then change the project's aspect ratio back to 16:9, and the 4:3 template will automatically stretch to, and remain at, 16:9. The reverse also holds true for 16:9 templates in 4:3 projects.
(Note: Not all templates fare or adapt well visually, when stretched or compressed from their original aspect ratio.)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 19. 2010 01:37

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Kevin R.
[Post New]
WOW! Neat trick Cranston. I'm going to try that myself. Thanks for the tip! Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin R.,

Thanks.
Seems to work OK. I've done it several times.
Haven't tried it in PD9 yet. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips