Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making a DVD Menu - A Simple Version
OzDrDj
Newbie Location: Grafton, Australia Joined: Nov 02, 2010 22:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
When I Try To Make A DVD Menu, I get all sorts of things I dont want.
I have a dvd of a particular comedian I made years ago on Roxio 7.5, It had 3 small 1 hour shows and a title clip. So the menu had a background image of the artist, and 3 thumbnails, each linking to the 1 of the 3 clips. Clip finished and it went back to the menu, nice and simple.
If i try this on power director I get A home page, another page with the 3 titles, and a million other pages of thumbnails for chapters of each clip.
What i cant work out is how to stip away all the nonsense and get down to just
My intro clip, a menu with 3 thumbnails for the 3 clips, and thats it?
Seems pimple, but i cant figure it out.
Thanks for your help in advance.
OzDrDj
:
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi OzDrDj -

Menus in PD8 are structured that way - with a root menu & title (& chapters) menu.

You have 3 titles, each with their own chapters? Yes? That dictates the menu structure PD is using. You're right - it seems like it should be simple to get what you want, but it's not possible in PD.

Removing the chapters would simplify the menu structure, but that might not be your preference.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
OzDrDj
Newbie Location: Grafton, Australia Joined: Nov 02, 2010 22:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that, I guess I'll reinstall Roxio 7.5 for this project. I hope someone from Cyberlink is watching this post. Please add my feature!