Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing problem! Please Help!
Ham Radio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2010 15:59 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I need some help. I got Power Director 8 a while ago, and lately have been having some problems. I have the latest build, 3022.

I have included the DirectX Diagnostic file, and an included screen shot of the program in action. All pictures are JPEG, and all the videos that I use are WMV except when they come straight from the video camera.

Editing the video is just fine. I edit it, then start the production. I am having three continual problems while the video is producing.

1. My computer spends 1 1/2 hours running the CPU at 100% while producing a video, and the final video is just 5MB , and a few minutes long, when the video should be around 800MB, and about an hour long.

2. My computer produces the video, but for some reason, about four minutes in the middle of the video, the audio is off sync. The audio is fine for 50 minutes, then suddenly is off sync, then comes back into sync around 54 minutes. (That is just an example, it isn't always that specific time)

3. My computer produces the video, but for some reason whatever I put in the PiP Track doesn't show up in the video. If I re-produce the video, then they might come up.

Thank you for your help! If you need any more information, just ask!
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Power Director 8 in Action
 Filesize
272 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
162 time(s)
 Filename
Ham RadioDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Diagnostic
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
350 time(s)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What format are you producing to? Are you using video enhancement? That will definitely make it take a very long time. If the video is 54 minutes, I would expect it to take a while, but should be larger than 5MB unless you used a very tiny video format.
As for the out of sync audio, are there any transitions where it happens, or is it just random?
#3 - I don't even know where to start with that one. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Ham Radio [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi! Thanks for helping me out!

I am producing to WMV V9 DVD quality 1,600Kbps. Yeah, It doesn't matter how long it takes, I can deal with that. It is just that when it spends all that time working, and I get a 5 min video, when it should be an hour long. Could Anti-virus running do that? That is the only thing that I could think of.

Well, in the picture that I uploaded, if you look at the time-line, and find "Produce.wmv"(You won't see the extension part) The section right before that is where the audio is out of sync. That is the only section too! I tried disabling my Anti-virus, and that didn't help, and there aren't any transitions there. I am not sure what the problem is.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think anti-virus would effect it. Can you watch the trouble spots in preview? If so, does the problem start with any of the clips in the PiP track?
Looks like MOD is a MPEG 2 type video file. After you save your project, try starting a new project. Import your MOD file and then produce it to MPEG 2 HQ without making any changes. Then edit using MPEG 2 video and see if you have the same problems. Just make a short video to test it before recreating your whole project. I've read about others having trouble with the MOD files, but I don't remember what the specific trouble was. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Ham Radio [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hm.....Ok.
Yes, I can watch the troubled spots in preview, and the crazy thing is, is that is is just fine! The audio is totally in sync, and everything else is fine too!
I will try that with the MPEG-2 HQ. Is MPEG-2 HG a better format than WMV?

Thanks for your help!
James Dotson
[Post New]
MPEG 2 HQ should give you better quality than WMV, but with less compression, so ti will be a bigger file size. Also, if I am correct, you can get MPEG 2 from MOD with little, or no, quality lose. After done editing you can produce it to the format that best suits your needs. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
OzDrDj
Newbie Location: Grafton, Australia Joined: Nov 02, 2010 22:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
What Computer are you running?, When I first started using Power Director (Version 5 I Think) It was on a Pentium III 500mhz with 1gb of memory, and things took forever and somethings would glitch. Moving Thorugh the years and versions, I have noticed that lower power machines will create some problems like you are having, intermittent things, audio out of sync here and there etc.
Just a Thought.
James Dotson
[Post New]
Looking at his DxDiag,txt, he should be good for what he is trying to do. HD - maybe not. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Ham Radio [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help! That seemed to have fixed the problem. I will know for sure when when I produce more videos. MPEG-2 does give me better quality than WMV. Once my movie is produced, I use Windows DVD maker to burn the video to a disc. For some reason, it won't burn the MPEG-2 file, but will burn the WMV file. It just stops encoding at 2.0%, and says there is an error, but it doesn't say why. I am using this to make professional type DVD's, so that is why I am using Windows DVD maker. PowerDirector doesn't have Professional menus,(That I could find) and I can't figure out how to make my own. The process seems very complicated. I will try again though, and see what I can come up with.
James Dotson
[Post New]
Custom menus are confusing at first, and can be a pain in the neck, but it's not hard once you know how. Go to YouTube and look for user PDToots. It is some of the guys on here and they have a tutorial on making menus. You can also download more menus templates, but I like using my own when I produce DVDs. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
[Post New]
Sorry, it isn't PDToots. I think this is it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOPlhOWdVSU __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM