Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error opening project files - all video is black
McCullough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 19:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have problems every time I use PowerDirector 5. I often have to uninstall and reinstall just to get the program to open. Now that I have it working again, when I go back to open a pds file I did a month ago, it says there's an error opening the video files (each one is a separate error) and the project just has black/blank screens where the video used to be. A pds file I started today opens just fine. Any help is appreciated.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have problems every time I use PowerDirector 5. I often have to uninstall and reinstall just to get the program to open. Now that I have it working again, when I go back to open a pds file I did a month ago, it says there's an error opening the video files (each one is a separate error) and the project just has black/blank screens where the video used to be. A pds file I started today opens just fine. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, you'll find others have experienced a similar problem and have posted requests for help throughout this forum. Look up: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1334.page

Use Notepad and open the pds file.... any one you want to.... copy the darn thing first so you have a back up. Then look up the addresses within the pds of where the pds file directs PD to look to open files on your hard drive. The addresses can be altered or deleted - your choice.

Dafydd