Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions
[Post New]
Does anyone know why I can't increase the time length of my transitions? The default speed is way to fast for any application.
chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2010 12:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for an answer to the exact same question. I also have questions about the split, trim, remove and cut. But so far I have been unable to get any answers. If i find something out i will post it here. You do the same please. Good luck!

Regards: Tennisfiend
chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am looking for an answer to the exact same question. I also have questions about the split, trim, remove and cut. But so far I have been unable to get any answers. If i find something out i will post it here. You do the same please. Good luck!

Regards: Chris
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Expand your time line enough that you can see the transition, click on that transition, you will see a Duration Button above the time line.

See image.
[Thumb - Transition_duration.jpg]
 Filename
Transition_duration.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Modify duration of transition.
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
139 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Yah
I also have that problem with removing a split without using undo. Its a real pain when you are already well into your video and you want to take out a split you put in a half hour earlier.
[Post New]
Thanx Carl
I already knew about the time adjustment window but it won't let me adjust any higher than 04
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Thyming, & Chris,
Carl is correct in this. It works for me as well. Another thing you can try is clicking on the right side of the transition and dragging it out further. Either option should work. Make sure you have the actual transition highlighted when you chose the duration method.
Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please note that it is not possible to expand the duration of a transition to more than 50% of the shorter adjacent clip/colour board!

What does that mean?

If you've got a film clip and you want to have it faded out into black, you most probably inserted a colour board into your timeline of video clips. The duration of this colour board is - let's assume - 3 seconds. So your transition cannot have a longer duration than 1.5 seconds - or "1:13" (1 second plus 13 frames) in the duration window.
To get a fade-out of - let's say - 5 seconds, you must set the duration of the colour board to at least 10 seconds! Additionally your video clip itself must not be shorter than these 10 seconds either!

Maybe it's this limitation, you got stuck to...

Michael
chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin, Carl, and Michael!

I think I understand now. Going to go try it. One last thing...How do I find the Color Boards to insert into my project. I found them the very first time I was messing with PowerDirector and now I can't find them.

Thanks again: CHRIS the tennis fiend
[Post New]
2 Questions

1,Whats a color board?
2, Does anyone have any solutions to that other thing about removing a split?

Thanx
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thyming -

Answer 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/14/38k4Y7k1wiU - don't forget to subscribe while you're there

Answer 2: If you've split a clip - as long as you've not removed part of it - you can select both parts of clip (Ctrl+click or Shift+click)... then right click on them & select Combine. That doesn't work if something between them has been removed.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thanx ynotfish?
I'll check that out
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Colorboard is an image file (PD8's) that can be inserted like any other graphic file. Often used as a background to Titles. Fade out/in to.

Image guides: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page

A split file can also be expanded back to its original file size. Cursor on the edge > click and move.
You can also change the duration/speed of a split clip just as any other clip. Using speed will alter the time duration but not change the content shown within the clip.

Now if I have confused you with that.. then so am I

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2010 06:37