Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 10 and ATI card HD 5570 in Win XP 32bit cannot decode MPEG-2 DVD video stream
beni_k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2009 09:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I've been changing my graphic card from NVIDIA to ATI recently and found out that my Power DVD 10 could not decode MPEG-2 DVD and MPEG-1 video stream. It gave me a blank screen with a sound.

My ATI card is HD 5570 and I'm working on windows XP 32 bit. I've tried the latest ATI driver 10.9. But, in Win 7 64 bit, it works well. So, just in xp 32 bit.

I've also tried PowerDVD 9 and the ATI card works fine.

Anybody has the same issue? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

do you use any codec packs on the XP machine (they are known to cause a lot of trouble - not only with PDVD)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
beni_k [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I've also tried installing a fresh windows xp 32 bit and power dvd 10. No codec pack installed. Still the same issue.

Regards.
beni_k [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I guess Ati HD 5570 card is directX 11 ready. Good choice for Win 7. In Win Xp, directX 9 card will be great.

Meanwhile, PowerDVD 8 and Ati 5570 card seem ok to me.

Cheers.
Miha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2010 08:50 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Meanwhile, PowerDVD 8 and Ati 5570 card seem ok to me.
Cheers.

Right
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13950.page