Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
relative path names for media files?
kvon5784 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: OhiO Joined: Oct 13, 2010 07:23 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm wondering if PD is able to reference the media files used in a project by relative pathnames rather than absolute?

I have 2 computers that I use interchangeably (laptop to travel with), and sync all the files between the 2 - including PD projects. The desktop however, has 2 hard drives and it's configured with all the data residing on the D: drive. The laptop has only a C: drive, so when I copy all the files for a PD project over to the laptop and then open PD, it goes looking for all the media files in a D:/xxx/xxx pathname - which doesn't exist on that machine. Need to be able to specify media file pathnames as either "My Documents/something...", OR in a path off of the "current" directory (where the project file resides).

Is this doable?

Thanks...
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

No PD doesn’t work with relative path but you can work around. Consider using File > Export > Pack Project Material and save all your data in the timeline to one directory on your PC's hard drive. This will copy all used media and project to one "relative" working area. You can export that directory to any other directory or drive and will work.

Regards,
Nicolas
kvon5784 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: OhiO Joined: Oct 13, 2010 07:23 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
sounds like that would work - I'll give it a shot.
Thanks!!