Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions in PIP..
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all..

I'm working on a project where I have two football helmets crashing into each other and I'd like to add the effect of them exploding.

Currently what I've done is I have added a image of two helmets in two different PIP tracks, used the motion settings and they collide and then I fade them out. However I'd like to have them break into peices when they touch and thought using transitions would work, however it doesn't appear you can add transitions to a PIP track.

Is there a way to add the transitions to PIP tracks and I'm over looking it or anyone have any suggestions on a way to make this work like I described above? I'd be happy to share what I've gotten so far for any feedback or suggestions, but not sure where to do that at, yet.

Thanks in advance..

Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob,

Sounds like a cool project....

If it was me....I would set up your project like you have....then PRODUCE it to a high quality video file. Once the video is complete of the two football helmets colliding it will appear in the MEDIA ROOM....Start a NEW WORKSPACE clear the timelines....then then drag this video onto the MAIN TIMELINE. Now you can SPLIT this video clip. Just move the Blue Scrubber bar to the point you want the EXPLOSION...then select SPLIT.

Now you can place any of the transitions in between the two clips. Maybe you can find a transition that will give you the effect you are looking for.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Another trick you may want to try is after you have made your file up to the point of impact, insert the "Burning" transition and then add an explosion video clip like maybe a nuclear blast or what have you. I did something similar with a hot air balloon explosion and it looked nice.
good Luck!
Kevin R.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2010 01:05

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Bob, Kevin & Cap'n -

Your approach of setting PiP motion - then using the captain's suggestion - is the right one. One of the Glass transitions might do it for you.

Combine that with the bit of explosive action Kevin R has in mind...

and to top it off, throw in a particle effect using bits of broken helmet as your particles...

That would work.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Gents! PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem