Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles
ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2010 18:27 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I was just wondering if you can do subtitles in a difftent language. I have a video of a some one talking and i want to do a subtitle in spanish. I need it to translate it for me. Can it do that. or do i need to learn spanish to do that.

Melissa
Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Melissa -

I'm chuckling away, but I'm not sure if you're joking or not!

The good news is that PD has a pretty good subtitling facility. The bad news is that it doesn't function well as a translator!

I'd locate a Spanish speaking friend.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a video of a someone talking and i want to do a subtitle in Spanish. I need it to translate it for me. Can it do that. or do i need to learn Spanish to do that.

Just use Google Translate -> www.translate.google.com

You might want to get a Spanish-speaking person to check it for you though, as sometimes the "Translate" programs don't quite get it right. Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder