Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Managing files and resources
mikejoed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2010 10:10 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, me again!

I have got myself into a bit of a muddle, which isn't hard to do

Rightly or wrongly, I believed that whatever images, sounds, video clips, I imported into my Powerdirector library, would remain there for future accessing. I carefully added new folders and named them appropriately. However, once I close the program down, I find that all the resources I imported are no longer there. Please bear with me.

Am I correct in saying I must import all the images and clips into the PD8 library from my own library every time I start a new project? I get this message that points me to a *pdl I take it this is powerdirector's library. Am I supposed to create this myself. I understand that the corresponding images, sounds etc will automatically enter the PD8 library for the project I open to work on.

As if you need further proof of how dumb I can be, it took me ages to realise that the effects in PD8 come in 4.3 and 6.9. So, when I installed the latest effects downloads, I sometimes couldn't find them, because they were hiding in whichever of the opposite formats I was working on at the time

When I import a Slideshow I have created with PD8, do I need to have all the images and background music for that slideshow in my PD Library?

Hope someone can help without getting frustrated with me Capture your precious moments in ways that will remain forever.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
mikejoed welcome to the forum.

Maybe a little watching tutorials online with give you some tips.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cyberlinkchannel

http://www.youtube.com/user/pdtoots

You should always create a folder for each project on your hard drive and keep all of your files used in that project in the same folder.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.