Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector could not query the number of TMUs from the multiplexer
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all..

I'm using Power Director 8 on a Win 7 64bit PC. I have capture videos from several different disk, these videos are from a local High School Football games. I've taken each game and made a seperate project of each. However fro some reason one game will not burn to disk. Its not the last game I've tried, probably the 3rd, and all the other games I burned to a DVD via PD with out issue. I recive the below error message after I attempt to burn to disk.

"Powerdirector could not query the number of TMUs from the multiplexer
It is an internal local error"

I have confirm via CyberLinks site that my installation is Windows's 7 compaitable. I'm using a Dell 9100 Studio XPS desktop with Intel i7 processer, 8Gb of memory, and an ATI Radeon HD 5600 series graphics card. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the computer itself, as I said I can burn other similar projects with out issue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I followed the same steps as I did before when I created and burned the other projects.

I get the same error when I try to burn to a file on my local desktop, it gets to 99% and presents the error message. I can close the error box and return to the project like nothing happend.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
One suggestion.

Does the original video play in any player? If yes:

Try Video conversion software. Maybe Cyberlink Media Espresso.

Convert the offending video to a different video format and see if it will successfully convert.

If it converts, then use that converted video in Powerdirector.

Sometimes you can clear up errors in the original video that way. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob,

I get the same error when I try to burn to a file on my local desktop, it gets to 99% and presents the error message. I can close the error box and return to the project like nothing happend.

I am not exactly sure what me going on....but it seems strange that when you are producing to a video file it gets all the way to 99% before the error shows itself.

If doing what Carl has suggested doesn't seem to fix it...I might try to enable PREVIEW when you are producing the video file. When it gets near the end critical 99%, you might see exactly where the production is stalling by seeing it in the preview window. I recently had a similar occurrence myself. It stopped on the same clip every time time...obviously something was wrong with this clip...I didn't find out what...but I replaced it with another clip and then I was able to produce the file and finally create a disc successfully.

Maybe your problem is similar. And in your project did you place any of the Fix/Enhance or Power Tools on the timeline near the end of your video project? Sometimes....depending on what was applied to the video...such as reverse....or some other tool...it can cause the production to hang. Any of those in your project?

Just some ideas to add to what Carl has already provided.

Regards,

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't really found the problem but I believe I have a good enough workaround.

I ended up producing the project to a single file, .mpg, and that worked fine, then I took that one file and replaced the indiviual clips with my produced version and I was able to burn to my local machine. I haven't tried to burn to DVD yet but I suspect I'll be able to when I'm ready.

Thanks for the help..

Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem