Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HD264 pack
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I burned AVCHD video to a standard DVD using a DVD burner (not bluray)and expected it to play when I inserted it in the DVD reader/writer using windows media player and the HD264 pack. The disc is not recognized. Does this pack only work if you have a bluray player?

thanks,

Heavytiger Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Heavytiger,

You are correct. As far as I know, AVCHD discs are only playable on a Blu-Ray player.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2010 15:25

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Heavytiger [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also tried to play a .mts file that is on my hard drive and got the message windows cannot open this file. It was created with a Panasonic AVCHD camcorder and I put it on my HD by drag and drop. It is in the stream folder. I thought the HD264 pack would for sure play this.
Any suggestions

thanks,

Heavytiger

Windows 10 professional
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
Power supply 750 Watt

Heavytiger

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi HeavyTiger,

There are a bunch of players that will play mts video files. I use Splash Player, which is free and a very nice player.

I am not positive it will play your mts as I use m2ts....but I bet it will. Give it a shot.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2010 06:13

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Kevin and Heavytiger,

I just was following the post and starting with the fact that Heavytiger can’t play AVCHD files with Windows Media Player, I’m curious in what is the operating system of Heavytiger.
Heavytiger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

I tried it at work with xp professional 64bit on a quad core machine and at home with xp home edition 32 bit on a single core machine. Neither will play a disc or a mts file on the hard drive

Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
Power supply 750 Watt

Heavytiger

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you install K-lite codec pack, Windows Media player will play m2ts and ts files. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi there Heavy tiger,

First let me say I provided you with some incorrect information:
You are correct. As far as I know, AVCHD discs are only playable on a Blu-Ray player.

I always use my Blu-Ray player as a standard practice, but I was tracking down the answers to your problem and I placed an AVCHD disk in my DVD player and it played back just fine. To play back an AVCHD disc I use Power DVD 10 which is another Cyberlink piece of software. So at least on my system the AVCHD disc played back on my DVD drive just fine.

EDIT: Can someone tell me HOW I can play an AVCHD disc back on a standard DVD player in my PC? I don't think it should from what I am reading. I am now getting confused and I don't want to confuse HeayTiger any more than he has to be.

You can get a free trial of it at this location:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/index_en_US.html

I also tested making a new AVCHD disc using my DVD burner and it burned. I quess you learn something new everyday.....and I just did!! I just have always used my Blu-Ray burner and thought that was the only way to play it back.

As far as playing back your mts clip. It might help to upload a short sample clip to this topic, just click on the attachment button and then select SUBMIT. Keep it short....5 or 10 seconds in duration. Then other members here can download it and see what we can do with it.

Again sorry for the misinformation.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2010 19:56

Heavytiger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everyone

Carl

Is the K-lite codec pack free? How do I get it? Although I already paid for HD264 pack

Kevin

I attached a 5sec video

Filename
00343.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Canada
 Filesize
9426 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
415 time(s)
Windows 10 professional
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
Power supply 750 Watt

Heavytiger

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the K-lite codec pack is free.

Use Google to find the download.

Your Video plays great in Windows Media Player with the K-lite Mega pack.

You video is Welcome to Canada!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2010 22:58

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
I downloaded the clip and it played fine on my system. It also imported and played on the Timeline in Power Director.

Carl is right, it is probably a missing codec and K-Lite might be a logical direction. I am not familiar with the HD264 Pack, so I can't offer any help there I am afraid.

Just another thought....Is the Panasonic your camera? Or did you just get the clips from someone? The reason I ask is usually there is software included with the camera that should have at least a player included with it so you can view the footage that you took. Any software with the camera?

Kevin
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
VLC Player will play m2ts, but you will need a very capable computer. If you have Nero, it also has a media player that will play the format, called Showtime. The single core computer probably will struggle greatly, if it can even play AVCHD at all. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Heavytiger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

Yes the Panasonic did come with software that can play the files but I wanted more options.

I will try the K-lite codec later today or tomorrow.

Again, thanks for your help

Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
Power supply 750 Watt

Heavytiger

Heavytiger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

I downloaded the K-lite standard pack and got a .mts file to play in slow motion on my single core machine using windows media player. (I assume K-lite dosen't have its own player. I could not find it in the list of programs in add remove programs or anywhere else on my computer. So my assumption is that it simply allows windows media player to play the .mts file type)

Well anyway it sort of worked the first few times I tried. Video play was in slow motion and with zig-zag edges. But after I tried about 3 times it stopped working altogether even with the short Alaska clip. Windows media player starts to open then disappears. Before I downloaded K-lite there was a recommendation to download a codec checker of some kind or maybe it was some kind of registry cleaner. I did not do that. Was afraid. Carl, should I have done so?

I won't be able to try on the quad core machine at work until Tuesday.

Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
Power supply 750 Watt

Heavytiger

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

I'm not sure what the codec checker was... but there are some configuration tools included with the K-Lite codec pack. They don't interfere with your registry - no need to worry.

If you downloaded the FULL or STANDARD versions, they include Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

The quad core machine will have more chance of playing the .mts files properly.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Heavytiger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Everyone

I installed the Splash player and it plays my AVCHD files even with my single core computer.

Is there a free DVD player that will play AVCHD burned to a standard DVD? I know from this discussion that Power DVD 10 will do it.

Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
Power supply 750 Watt

Heavytiger

AngelCyberlink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 21:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Is this thread about the HD264 Pack AND PowerDirector or just the HD264 Pack in general? McLoving
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AngelCyberLink -

This thread could be about:
1. The HD264 pack from CyberLink http://www.cyberlink.com/store/hd-264-pack/buy_en_AU.html?&r=1
- the HD264 pack actually has nothing to do with PowerDirector. It's only for playback in WMP)
2. Software capable of decoding AVCHD DVDs on your PC
3. The varying abilities of different DVD players to read AVCHD DVDs

... or it might be about all those things.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AngelCyberlink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 21:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
... or it might be about all those things.
Cheers - Tony

Hi, Tony! Do you know if it's compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks! McLoving