Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cube Effect
alaska_av8r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2010 18:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
has anyone seen or does a spinning cube effect exist for pd8? I would like my title image to sort of tumble in on the screen?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Did you go through all the effects for title text? Maybe the roller coaster or swarm effects are similar to what you are looking for.

Dave
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alaska -

Dave has suggested a couple of possibilities. Other text transitions that sort of "tumble in" are wave & windshield.

All the text effects in PD8 are 2D. What you're talking about sounds like it needs 3D animation... and to do that, you need to look beyond PD.

Gimp is open source software that would be useful to you. There's a downloadable script for a spinning cube at http://fence-post.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-Spinning-Cube-Script-74111738 (too technical for me).

If you wanted to follow that path, I'd suggest building it on a transparent background so it can be used in a PiP track without relying on ChromaKey.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
alaska_av8r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2010 18:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the input, I will check out the cube script it very well may be too complicated for me as well. What I was hoping to achieve is take my title screen which is a picture and put it on each side of the cube then have the cube start out small and far away to come bouncing into the foreground and hit the screen perfectly aligned...kinda boing boing splat!

lol