Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to add a title at the beginning of a movie?
Seven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2010 08:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have edited/pieced together some good footage I took at Guadalupe last year filming Great White Sharks.
But when I go to add a title at the beginning I have some problems.
I am able to add a subtitle, but this is not what I want.
I want a title lasting 5 seconds before the action begins.

So I go the the Title Room.
I have no idea how to make the background a certain color?
I can select a Font color, but can you change the background color?

I have no idea how to remove "My title" and replace it with the words that I want?
I can get words on there, but "My title" still remains.
And I can get it onto the timeline, but its more as a subtitle, not as a 5-7 second block before the movie.
Any help?
cheers
Seven [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found out how to insert a black background onto the timeline.
But no luck adding the title.
???
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Seven,

When in the title room, did you select a title format and drag it to the title track?

If not, then select the title layout you wish to use and drag it to the title track. Set the duratin to the desired length. The title and the color board should be the same duration.

Now double click the title in the title track to open the edit window. Once in the edit window you can make the necessary changes to the text, positioning and other effects you desire. A single click in the area of the text activates the text box for sizing and positioning, and double clicking in the area of the text allows editing the text itself. You can change the font, color, alignment, etc..

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Seven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Do you mean "create a new title template"?
I can access this, but not create what I want.
I cannot get the black background and it still comes out like a subtitle on the screen.
Aussieroo
Newbie Location: Canberra, Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2009 01:05 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
This is how I do it:
Under "Edit" there is a drop down selection box, select 'Colour Boards' and drag your colour to the video track.

Go to the title section and select the default sample and drag it to the 'Title' track. Now double click on that title and it will take you to the 'Title designer'. Now double click where you see the words 'My Title" and type in your text matter. There are two ways you can formulate your text. In both these cases you must hi-lite your text matter. (1) At the top (above your newly inputed text matter) are the variables for modifying your text. (2) you can use the various types of text designs at the left. Select one of the designs to see if it is suitable for your requirement. Be mindful there is a 'TV safe zone' on the edit screen. Down the bottom right hand corner (just above the word 'cancel') is a drop down box. Make sure you have the 'TV safe zone' on. This is a guide to help you position your text so that it is within the tv screen viewing area. The box beside it is where you can position the text. Play around with it and you will get the idea.

Once you have the text as you want it, select ok.

To select the duration of the text you: (1) click in the colour board and a 'duration' button will appear above, select it and input your desired time. Repeat for the text line. You will have them both the same.

For a bit of flair you could put in a transition between your text and the actual video. Just drag your desired transition after the colour board.

Hope this helps.

Reg
Seven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: This is how I do it:
Hope this helps.

Awesome thanks.
Now its all good.