Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
brightness problem
VbSparky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2010 11:46 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I load in a vid from my Vivitar 840 HD cam and the video quality and color is perfect, but when i produce a wmp file and when its played in media player is really dark. any ideas ?

Bob in Tucson
Member Location: Milwaukee, Denver, Tucson Joined: May 30, 2008 18:11 Messages: 133 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, VbSparky.
Give the Fix/Enhance module a try..?

[Thumb - PD-8 Color Adjusment press the Fix-Enhance button.jpg]
 Filename
PD-8 Color Adjusment press the Fix-Enhance button.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
210 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 12. 2010 11:26

The best thing about PD is the people in the Forums !!!
Win-7 Ultimate, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Intel Core i7-980X, 12-GBs DDR3, Intel X25-M 160GB SDD, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX580 (1), Dell U3011 Monitor, Canon HF100 and HF-S21
VbSparky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2010 11:46 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
if i did the fix / enhance it would be a trial n error method
but i think i found the problem, with my desktop i have the monitor color calibrated manually and with video card to
adjust the gamma for magazine art work printing.

I tried the same vid clip on my new laptop and what i see in the editor is what i get on produced play back.

So im thinking PD8 is correcting the vid brightness in editing
on its own changing the vid cards gamma setting or it could be a codex issue on the desktop with all the codex i have installed.

the laptop is out of the box and only wintv , divx and pd are installed on it from me.