Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
soft background stills DVD authoring
TONY AVS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 10:40 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone used still photos/freeze-frames as backgrounds for DVD authoring with PD8? Every time I try to use a still image as a background on the DVD menus it is no longer sharp. It is very soft. Any ideas as to why?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have ben experimenting using my own Backgrounds, creating them in a Vector authoring program Xara Designer Pro and exporting them in various formats, jpg,tif and png.
I create the Images at 1920X1080, then export them, bring them into bitmap editor and do any cropping to that is needed and exporting them as Jpg with 4:4:: algorithm and they seem to be sharper.
But when viewing on my 24" monitor they don't seem as sharp as when viewed on 50" LCD tV.
JIM Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
TONY AVS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 10:40 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the tip. I should be able to accomplish the same thing in photoshop.