Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anaglyph & Q&A Update
ROBC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2010 15:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Now that Mark II is released will you be updating the Q&A and 3D Zone with the new features? There are plenty of questions unanswered. e.g.:

1) What does the Anaglyph setting do? e.g. If everything in BD&3D Adviser passes except that the user does not have a 3D monitor - can they select Anaglyph and use off the shelf cheap anaglyph glasses for 2D to 3D conversion and/or Bluray 3D?

2) The most common 3D display to be sold over the next 12 months will be the 3DTV - HDMI 1.4 Panasonic, Samsung and Sony TVs. No mention is made of compatibility with these for either Bluray 3D or 2D to 3D conversion.

3) Graphics Card compatibility. It seems for HDMI 1.4 the only choice is Nvidia at the moment, however as the Nvidia 3DTV Play software has not yet been released, surely that means that the full Bluray 3D features are not yet available over HDMI 1.4?

Example: I don't have enough info from your site to know if PowerDVD 10 MkII with a Panasonic 3DTV plus a Nvidia GX460 will currently allow me to play Bluray 3D and / or 2D to 3D conversion. If not now will Nvidia 3DTV allow me to do one or both of these? If not are there plans to allow this?

Thanks,
R
Bart [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2010 04:23 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I've also a question.
When I switch on the Anaglyph with red/cyan, the red colour seems to be removed from the movie ?
(red/cyan is working)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've also a question.
When I switch on the Anaglyph with red/cyan, the red colour seems to be removed from the movie ?
(red/cyan is working)

Anaglyph is not color correct, so you may have the feeling that one color is surpressed

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Bart [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, but there are movies (search at youtube for example) that are (almost) colour correct.

However, in powerDVD it's not only a "feeling" but you can very obvious see that red is missing.
Bart [Avatar]
[Post New]
So is the lack of red colour software related, or hardware related?

Pretty weird that people in movies are yellow and that Darth Maul in Starwars is yellow to.
Normally it turns to more black (in other anaglyph movies)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2010 11:57

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Bart,

thanks for your feedback - our team is now investigating the issue.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Bart [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are there any improvements here?
[Post New]
Dear Bart,

our RD team is working on this issue - but we have no final schedule for patch release.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Bart [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks for the information.
To give an example, on the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean 1" there are some (old) flags from Great Britain with red in it. With anaglyph turned on the flag are yellow and blue. (in other words, you can see very clear that red is missing)
gonzilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2010 02:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: our RD team is working on this issue - but we have no final schedule for patch release.

Br
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for looking in to this! The Anaglyph 3D feature is awesome and a hugely sought-after feature.

If your team is looking in to color correction for your Anaglyph mode, maybe this will help, if you haven't seen it already

http://mitglied.multimania.de/stereo3d/anaglyphcomparison.htm

Using Red/Cyan glasses, these images appear color-correct when these algorithms are applied (edit: when the Optimized algorithm is applied, check the sample images). This would be AWESOME if it were implemented in PowerDVD.

Keep up the great work!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2010 02:18

00antstaines [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2010 14:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, i am currently using the anaglyph (red/cyan) glasses with my computer, i also have the Nvidia 3d vision discover software installed so when i play any 3D video it is automatically converted to red/cyan. If i play a Blu-ray 3D in powerdvd will it be converted to red/cyan?
ValdX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2009 18:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
00anstaines no the 3D Vision Discover mode (anaglyph) does not work with PowerDVD, It always tells me my monitor is not supported. You have to use the Red/Cyan setting in PowerDVD.

Currently the color rendering for Red/Cyan is broken in PowerDVD update 2325. All red colors are rendered as green. Watching the Alice in Wonderland blu-ray and turning 3D on/off you can clearly see the Queen of Hearts should have red hair with a red castle. Once 3D is activated it all becomes solid green. I have also verified this with Monster House 3D. The opening sequence the leaves are supposed to be red/orange and they are green in 3D. Cyberlink seems to be aware of the issue as of 8/24/2010 but has not released a patch to correct the issue.

If somebody knows a way to make the anaglyph setting in 3D Vision work with PowerDVD that would be fantastic. 3D Vision does a great job rendering colors.