Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
sync mp3 to video problem
LESLIE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2010 15:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to make a music video. I recorded the sound and made an mp3 file but when I play the mp3 file with the video the two are playing at slightly different speeds. The mp3 plays a little faster than the video. Is there a fix to this? Could it have something to do with the bit rate or sample rate of the mp3 versus the video file?
thanks
les
LARS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2010 16:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I experience the same problem. After I have put mp3 music on my edited film to get a nice atmosphere, mouthmovement and sound doesn´t sync. My film becomes like an old Italian movie!

\Lars
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm not positive but I heard that the sample rate for audio to sync with video properly is 48khz.

The normal default for audio is 44.1khz

Mike
LESLIE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2010 15:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried changing my audio recording 48K an it worked perfectly. I looked at the properties of the film clips and saw that was what they were so I tried that and it works

Thanks for the help
LARS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2010 16:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

Leslie and MikeB. Very good that you fixed the sync problem. I must try this myself. But how do I change the sample rate from 44 khz to 48 khz on the mp3 recording?

\Lars
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
For anyone needing to convert audio into a different format try this software.

It's called GoldWave!
Simply open the audio file in whatever format it is in and then 'SAVE AS' into any other format you desire.

The program is inexpensive and FREE to use for quite a long time.
http://www.goldwave.com/

Mike
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is a completely free program that works also.

Audacity does a great job, the only limit I have found is it does not handle a two hour long audio file. (It crashes when converting).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I am sure there are others. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.