Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't pull of MTS files from my hard drive
mrteeth2005 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 15, 2010 01:09 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
I recorded almost 3 hours of HD footage to my Canon HF20. Then I transferred all the files to my external hard drive. WHen I open the folder, I see a jpeg file and the MTS files. I know I have to pull the MTS files because that is the footage. However, when I import it in, it gives me the message.

"You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the owner of this file or administrator to get permission".

Can anyone help here? I am the owner and the administrator. I didn't put any security measures on these files. How can I get them out? Thanks Intel i930 (4x 2.80ghz), 12 gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 ram, 1.5gb Nvidia GTX480, Asus P6t mb, 850w XFX PSu, Windows 7 HP
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I would be inclined, just as a test, to initially copy just one of your MTS files to your normal hard drive and try to open it from there.
If that works you know it's nothing to do with your edit program, but simply the way your PC and external hard-drive are configured permissions-wise ;
Good luck !! Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder