Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 Reinstall, Dual Displays, Video Stutter, Version 3022
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
The following experience may be useful to anyone new using PD8. I recently reinstalled PD8, and being a masochist I decided I would do it by going back to version 2508 then updating this to 2704 and then 3022. Prior to carrying out the reinstall the system and registry were cleared of any reference to Cyberlink and ALL its products (see Dafydd entry on this). Having completed the install and restarted the system I configured PD8 with NO shadow files OR Rich video processing.
I have two monitors on my system and I had problems with PD8 locking up when introducing the second monitor as a (High Resolution) preview screen (PD8 would NOT pick up the second screen, whislt Sony Vegas would!) or if I used a single monitor, whilst it didn't crash the preview stuttered and paused.
The solution to the problem was to delete the ATI drtivers (release 10.6) restart the sytem and then reinstall the ATI drivers (plus AVIVO) from scratch. I then had to restart the system again and now it all works superbly.
I have also tried a complete download of 3022 (courtesy of Tech support) and their doesn't appear to be any difference btween the patched versions and the complete versions, on the limited testing I have carried out.
What I find particularly interesting is the need (in my case) to have to completely reinstall the ATI Video drivers/software after an install of PD8.
I hope someone finds the above useful.

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.