Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Different FPS settings for same event?
Gazgord [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2015 11:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am using PD 13 to produce a short video of an event where the footage has been taken on 3 different cameras/phones. with 3 different FPS settings (30FPS, 50FPS and 60FPS) and 2 different aspect ratios.

I know how to set up a custom profile for a unique FPS setting etc, but I'm unsure whether it is possible to combine footage from different cameras with different FPS and aspect ratios into a single production?

Can anyone advise please. Many thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I am using PD 13 to produce a short video of an event where the footage has been taken on 3 different cameras/phones. with 3 different FPS settings (30FPS, 50FPS and 60FPS) and 2 different aspect ratios.

I know how to set up a custom profile for a unique FPS setting etc, but I'm unsure whether it is possible to combine footage from different cameras with different FPS and aspect ratios into a single production?

Can anyone advise please. Many thanks.

PD13 will handle as well as it can. I'd produce the final edited product to a 60fps profile to maintain as much quality as you have in the source clips. The 30fps will simply get doubled the frames and playback fine, just like original 30fps since the even 2x multiple. The 50fps will get adjusted by duplicating frames periodically to get 60fps, should look fine during playback.

The different aspect ratio can be dealt with a few different ways, by zooming if desired to fill a full frame, accepting black borders, or putting a photo or blurred photo as a backdrop as well as other approaches.

Often, if the source footage is coming from a cell phone, it's really not 30, 50, or 60fps but variable. If that footage causes any playback issues in your produced 60fps file, one may have to convert it to a fixed fps with like HandBrake or similar tool and use this video as source in PD13.

Jeff
Gazgord [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2015 11:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

PD13 will handle as well as it can. I'd produce the final edited product to a 60fps profile to maintain as much quality as you have in the source clips. The 30fps will simply get doubled the frames and playback fine, just like original 30fps since the even 2x multiple. The 50fps will get adjusted by duplicating frames periodically to get 60fps, should look fine during playback.

The different aspect ratio can be dealt with a few different ways, by zooming if desired to fill a full frame, accepting black borders, or putting a photo or blurred photo as a backdrop as well as other approaches.

Often, if the source footage is coming from a cell phone, it's really not 30, 50, or 60fps but variable. If that footage causes any playback issues in your produced 60fps file, one may have to convert it to a fixed fps with like HandBrake or similar tool and use this video as source in PD13.

Jeff

Many thanks Jeff