Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 2024 All Previews are tinted green
Mitch777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2023 20:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying to make a video presentation for a class on Indigenous culture and as part of it we were required to take a nature walk to document all the beautiful autumn folliage and colours. When I tried to get everything set up in PowerDirector to build my video presentation I found that everything in the preview window was tinted green. So all the leaves which would normally be red or yellow looked varying shades of green. This even affected the clips I downloaded from PowerDirector's library to use, the templates for the title card were tinted green, and the text was red instead of white for some reason too.

I exported the video to see if it would carry over and the final rendered video was the proper colours but for whatever reason all the previews, even the previews in the rendering page on PowerDirector were all green. I disabled Hardware Acceleration, I cleared my cache and made sure my drivers were all up to date and none of them fixed it. It's really hard to get your asthetics right when you can't tell what colour something really is until the video full renders, if anyone has a fix I'd appreciate it since I would like to use this software in the future but don't think I'll be able to if the colours never preview properly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2023 21:11

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was trying to make a video presentation for a class on Indigenous culture and as part of it we were required to take a nature walk to document all the beautiful autumn folliage and colours. When I tried to get everything set up in PowerDirector to build my video presentation I found that everything in the preview window was tinted green. So all the leaves which would normally be red or yellow looked varying shades of green. This even affected the clips I downloaded from PowerDirector's library to use, the templates for the title card were tinted green, and the text was red instead of white for some reason too.

I exported the video to see if it would carry over and the final rendered video was the proper colours but for whatever reason all the previews, even the previews in the rendering page on PowerDirector were all green. I disabled Hardware Acceleration, I cleared my cache and made sure my drivers were all up to date and none of them fixed it. It's really hard to get your asthetics right when you can't tell what colour something really is until the video full renders, if anyone has a fix I'd appreciate it since I would like to use this software in the future but don't think I'll be able to if the colours never preview properly.

You might try pref > Display and use RGB, my guess you might have it set to YUV and see if RGB makes a difference for you.

Jeff