Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjust the Time of an Image or Title on the Timeline
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I've used a number of iterations of Power Director and am currently using 2024 Perpetual for my sins. I have come across a challenge with a feature I have used many times before to change the time (length on the timeline) of an image, title or colour board by dragging the end of the clip.

Without pictures and in words:

I want to change the length on the timeline of an image to fit in an odd time slot

Select the clip - you get a little hand which will allow you to drag/move the clip to another point on the timeline. Works well..

If you move to the end of the clip you get a little double headed arrow, if you select with the mouse you have the option to extend or reduce the length of the clip.

In PD21 this worked you could extend or reduce the clip length to fit.

In PD2024 the clip length alters visually as it did in PD21 but rather than altering the length of the clip when you take your finger off the right mouse button, I (you) get a pop up message that says:

• Trim Only
  • Trim and Move Clips
  • Trim and Move All Clips

Am I missing something or has the behaviour been changed by design..
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've used a number of iterations of Power Director and am currently using 2024 Perpetual for my sins. I have come across a challenge with a feature I have used many times before to change the time (length on the timeline) of an image, title or colour board by dragging the end of the clip.

Without pictures and in words:

I want to change the length on the timeline of an image to fit in an odd time slot

Select the clip - you get a little hand which will allow you to drag/move the clip to another point on the timeline. Works well..

If you move to the end of the clip you get a little double headed arrow, if you select with the mouse you have the option to extend or reduce the length of the clip.

In PD21 this worked you could extend or reduce the clip length to fit.

In PD2024 the clip length alters visually as it did in PD21 but rather than altering the length of the clip when you take your finger off the right mouse button, I (you) get a pop up message that says:

• Trim Only
  • Trim and Move Clips
  • Trim and Move All Clips

Am I missing something or has the behaviour been changed by design..

I'd say by design as it does offer a little more flexibility when working in gap areas. For the PD21 type behavior, obviously the "Trim Only" is the option needed.

I wish it would let you lock on to a setting for a period of time. At times I want the "Trim Only" for many edits, but now it adds an extra click which slows down editing. Other times I'm opening up an area and would like the move feature for several edits. Really too bad one can't establish a default in the pop up and change as needed.

So many real changes could have been envisioned for a real GUI modernization effort for improved editing proficiency.

Jeff
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]

I'd say by design as it does offer a little more flexibility when working in gap areas. For the PD21 type behavior, obviously the "Trim Only" is the option needed.

I wish it would let you lock on to a setting for a period of time. At times I want the "Trim Only" for many edits, but now it adds an extra click which slows down editing. Other times I'm opening up an area and would like the move feature for several edits. Really too bad one can't establish a default in the pop up and change as needed.

So many real changes could have been envisioned for a real GUI modernization effort for improved editing proficiency.

Jeff

I thought "Trim" worked if you want to shorten the clip but if you want to make it longer ie extend you get the same message. Just had another look, arghh. Apparently "Trim" works to shorten and extend a clip. My bad. I should perhaps "Trim" the next weekend into a four day jolly.

Just didn't want to rearrange a carefully laid out set of clips on multiple timelines..