Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector 365 and Pinnacle alpha channel
Rob33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2019 17:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I exported a *.mov file in Pinnacle 23 with alpha channel. However Powerdirector seems not to be able to handle this correctly.
Is there a solution for this issue?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I exported a *.mov file in Pinnacle 23 with alpha channel. However Powerdirector seems not to be able to handle this correctly.
Is there a solution for this issue?

You might attach your sample mov with the alpha channel for users to try, PD has supported some mov's with alpha channel on import. What appears to be the not handle correctly issue?

Jeff
Rob33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2019 17:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

You might attach your sample mov with the alpha channel for users to try, PD has supported some mov's with alpha channel on import. What appears to be the not handle correctly issue?

Jeff

Here is the *.mov file! I imported the file in Pinnacle and it worked fine and kept the alpha channel.
In Powerdirector however the file showed as a white background.
 Filename
hand.mov
[Disk]
 Description
Pinnacle *.mov file with alpha channel
 Filesize
84280 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here is the *.mov file! I imported the file in Pinnacle and it worked fine and kept the alpha channel.
In Powerdirector however the file showed as a white background.

Pinnacle Studio uses the CineForm mov format for alpha channel creation which to my knowledge is not supported in PD. Pinnacle provides no other options that I'm aware of.

PD only accepts certain codecs for proper alpha channel support in mov container. I've never seen a published list of what is or is not supported. One has to learn by trial and error, for example, some ProRes variants and PNG codec in mov container are supported.

Jeff