Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rumble Videos Black Out
Bobinator [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2022 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a compilation video. I do this sort of thing all the time. Definately not a noob issue here. There is a clip that came from a video I downloaded from Rumble. When I pull it into my project, I can see a quick glimpse of the thumbnail of the video and it then turns black. If I add this to the timeline it also plays all black. The audio works properly. I tested this with another video from Rumble and it did the same thing. I tried the process with a video from Odysee and the video works properly. Is there some kind of new copy protection in Rumble videos? I can play the downloaded Rumble videos in MacOS Quicktime. I used Kdenlive to pull out the portion of the video I wanted to use. It played fine in Kdenlive but the extracted clip acts the same in PowerDirector...straight to black. It does play in Quicktime but if I try to add it to my project, straight to black. I tried to re-encode a new copy of the video with Handbrake and the output plays fine but does this same straight to black in PowerDirector. I'm on PowerDirector 365 for Mac version 22.0.5717.0.