Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Licencing
Penny Blake [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2020 02:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there.

I have Power Director 365 and all the trimmings (I think, well I have what I need anyway) and here is my situation.

I work away for 3 weeks at a time, and then come home for 3 weeks at a time.

I recently bought a new PC laptop so I could make videos from my hotel room while Im away. I installed Power Director and when I ran it told me the user limit was reached and would I like to transfer licence to this PC, which I did.

Ive just returned home and put on main PC and the same. User limit reached and would I like to switch licence to this PC, which I did.

Now, can I keep doing this every 3 weeks. Switch to laptop when Im away and switch to desktop when Im home? I hasve no need for a multiple licence as I only ever use one computer or another.

I just dont want to get to the situation where my switching limit has been reached.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...I just dont want to get to the situation where my switching limit has been reached.

You won't. There's a separate installation limit, where once you reach it you will no longer be able to install the program on additional computers unless you contact customer service, but the message you're seeing doesn't have any limits as far as I'm aware.

It's simply a request to switch the active license to the current computer.