Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I install a Power Director content pack via the Application Manager it is gone the next time I start PD. Is this because I installed an older one and if yes which Contact Pack is the most recent one. there is no date stamp.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you provide more details? For example, can you access the content as soon as you install a pack but you don't see the content after you close and reopen PD? Are you changing the aspect ratio when you use PD the next time?

I've never seen any issues with content packs no matter what order they're installed.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Every time I install a Power Director content pack via the Application Manager it is gone the next time I start PD. Is this because I installed an older one and if yes which Contact Pack is the most recent one. there is no date stamp.

There are really no most recent one, each Content Pack has different content. For the specific named "Content Pack" there are 6 of them:
PowerDirector Content Pack Essential
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 3
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 4
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 5

This link https://www.cyberlink.com/support-center/faq/content?id=25083 for all the packs used to allow one to click on a pack and see the contents, that all appears broken for sometime since the website was "modernized".

Jeff
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There are really no most recent one, each Content Pack has different content. For the specific named "Content Pack" there are 6 of them:
PowerDirector Content Pack Essential
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 3
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 4
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 5

This link https://www.cyberlink.com/support-center/faq/content?id=25083 for all the packs used to allow one to click on a pack and see the contents, that all appears broken for sometime since the website was "modernized".

Jeff

Thanks Optodata and Jeff for your information

I downloaded all packs as mentioned above with no problems, but as soon as I started PD and loaded a project the Application Manager tells me to install CP Essential and CP Premium 1

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 11. 2023 14:25

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Every time I install a Power Director content pack via the Application Manager it is gone the next time I start PD. Is this because I installed an older one and if yes which Contact Pack is the most recent one. there is no date stamp.

If the packages appear installed in the application manager, you can check the installation location.
On this path, "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\"
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]

If the packages appear installed in the application manager, you can check the installation location.
On this path, "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\"

Thanks for your info
Although the AM tells me to install Content Pack Essential I see the pack in the place as indicated.
I deleted the map with submaps and installed it again (AM says installed). The pack is again present in the place as indicated (datestamp 21/7)
When I start PD without a project AM tells me again to install the Pack, strange but probably the packcontens can be used.

Because one of these days a new version of PD becomes available and perhapps the strange effect has gone

Koen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2023 14:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This link https://www.cyberlink.com/support-center/faq/content?id=25083 for all the packs used to allow one to click on a pack and see the contents, that all appears broken for sometime since the website was "modernized".

I should clarify that the embedded links in the above FAQ that have been broken for months remain broken in Chrome for me, but they do work in Edge.

If you want to see what's included in each Pack, maybe try Edge or a browser other than Chrome.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for your info
Although the AM tells me to install Content Pack Essential I see the pack in the place as indicated.
I deleted the map with submaps and installed it again (AM says installed). The pack is again present in the place as indicated (datestamp 21/7)
When I start PD without a project AM tells me again to install the Pack, strange but probably the packcontens can be used.

Because one of these days a new version of PD becomes available and perhapps the strange effect has gone

Koen

Out of curiosity, I opened AM to check something similar to your case, Holiday Pack vol. 9 asks to install, but it is installed and appears in the media libraries, it has been like this for some time.

AM disappeared after updating Windows 11Pro just now.
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Out of curiosity, I opened AM to check something similar to your case, Holiday Pack vol. 9 asks to install, but it is installed and appears in the media libraries, it has been like this for some time.

AM disappeared after updating Windows 11Pro just now.

So I can't trust AM, after installing via AM I have to check wether the pack is in place or not!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2023 13:41

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I should clarify that the embedded links in the above FAQ that have been broken for months remain broken in Chrome for me, but they do work in Edge.

If you want to see what's included in each Pack, maybe try Edge or a browser other than Chrome.

Jeff

Just to update, the qualified user on this user to user forum corrected the CL corp website FAQ's and now the content pack contents display correctly in Chrome as well.

Jeff