Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
back to back photos over narrator problem
GaryS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2023 15:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
This is the free version. I have a live narrator and am adding photos in the track above here and there. If I put 2 back to back photos with a transition, the narrator still shows very briefly during the transition between the two photos which I would like to avoid. I am just using the basic zoom in/out. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is the free version. I have a live narrator and am adding photos in the track above here and there. If I put 2 back to back photos with a transition, the narrator still shows very briefly during the transition between the two photos which I would like to avoid. I am just using the basic zoom in/out. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

You'd have to change the opacity of the narrator track locally to 0 in this transition area to avoid the bleed through.

Jeff
GaryS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry,but I'm still very new to the product. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks again.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry,but I'm still very new to the product. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks again.

Opacity is controlled by the green line at the top of the video clip. Just put a notch with keypoints in the opacity and have a setting of 0 in say the middle of the transition. This will prevent the narration track bleed through during transition. The attached clip shows and explains how to easily create an opacity keypoints.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Opacity.png]
 Filename
PD21_Opacity.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
820 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
GaryS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much. This worked fine, but one would think that 2 "back to back" photos wouldn't have any space between for bleed through.

Opacity is controlled by the green line at the top of the video clip. Just put a notch with keypoints in the opacity and have a setting of 0 in say the middle of the transition. This will prevent the narration track bleed through during transition. The attached clip shows and explains how to easily create an opacity keypoints.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you very much. This worked fine, but one would think that 2 "back to back" photos wouldn't have any space between for bleed through.

The two pics are back to back with no gap. It's the transition that you wanted to use. Part of that transition changes the opacity of the pics as they zoom in, this change in opacity of the pic allows the more dominate track to bleed through. The opacity adjustment of the narration track simply made the bleed through black so it's not noticeable. If you changed transition to something that's not changing opacity, there would not be any bleed through.

Jeff