Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some questions
Joeled [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2023 05:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I just purchased Power Director 365 and have some questions.

1. I have a picture of a house i want to apply some effects on so it looks more spooky and dark. Any idea what kind of effect to use?
  2. Is there a way to create another page in Director 365? I would like to be able to have a page where i add all finished stuff and another page where i cut and edit my video.
  3. Is there a way to make a picture fit the screen without any black borders?

Thanks!

/Joel
Joeled [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok i guess no one knows or it doesnt exist.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone,

I just purchased Power Director 365 and have some questions.

1. I have a picture of a house i want to apply some effects on so it looks more spooky and dark. Any idea what kind of effect to use?
  2. Is there a way to create another page in Director 365? I would like to be able to have a page where i add all finished stuff and another page where i cut and edit my video.
  3. Is there a way to make a picture fit the screen without any black borders?

Thanks!

/Joel

Open PowerDirector, click the “?” upper right corner, access the tutorial center, official Cyberlink.
1 - There are many ways to make, darken and blend images besides applying overlay effects etc.
2 – I didn't understand 2 rooms in the PD, or it would be 2 projects.
3 – To fill in the edges in an image, enlarge and crop as appropriate.
Use the right mouse button on the image, a menu will open with access to the available tools.
Joeled [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes i want to jump from one tab to another one. I added a screenshot from Magix who it looks like. In that way i can work on two places cut and edit and paste it in the main video. Another question how can i export a piece of a video without exporting the whole video? Lets say i have a video 60min and i want to cut 3min of that video and export it. How can i do that?

Open PowerDirector, click the “?” upper right corner, access the tutorial center, official Cyberlink.
1 - There are many ways to make, darken and blend images besides applying overlay effects etc.
2 – I didn't understand 2 rooms in the PD, or it would be 2 projects.
3 – To fill in the edges in an image, enlarge and crop as appropriate.
Use the right mouse button on the image, a menu will open with access to the available tools.
[Thumb - magix.png]
 Filename
magix.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2023 03:58

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes i want to jump from one tab to another one. I added a screenshot from Magix who it looks like. In that way i can work on two places cut and edit and paste it in the main video. Another question how can i export a piece of a video without exporting the whole video? Lets say i have a video 60min and i want to cut 3min of that video and export it. How can i do that?

Hi,

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/19_01_00_producing_range.html?q=range
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/19_02_00_producing_range_pro.html?q=range

Do these help?

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Joeled [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, but wouldnt it be easier to be able to click in the files you want to export and then click export? You solved one question for me. Is there a way to create another workspace to be able to edit within the project?

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, but wouldnt it be easier to be able to click in the files you want to export and then click export? You solved one question for me. Is there a way to create another workspace to be able to edit within the project?

I think PD doesn't do exactly what it showed.
But there are other ways that might help you.
To just crop videos before adding to timeline.
With the video in the library, right-click and select Precut Tool.
You can also use a space usually on the right of the timeline, to make pre-edits, then Copy/Paste, drag it to your main project or export to video, selecting with a yellow cursor and the Export Ramge button.

To Copy, several things at once, select with the yellow cursor, the Copy button, or the Ctrl + C keys together, take the cursor to the position you want to add and click the Ctrl + V keys together, or the Paste button, that's all appears when you are in a clear area on the timeline.
The material will be entered from the cursor position.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2023 09:11

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365