Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 6 Menu Creation error code 7
dunlaing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2007 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
When trying to burn my DVD it gets 90% of the way through and then fails with error code 7. Cyberlink support has told me this is a menu system creation error and thought that the menu module had not installed properly, solution uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch again.

No change same error message, if I tick create dvd without menus it burns OK, but that is not what I want to do.

Support then posted the latest build PD6 file for me to download, but when extracting I get corrupt archive messages. Their solution was for me to download the latest winrar and install that first???? for a self extracting file/??? Any way I used winrar to extract contents of exe file and got same corrupt archive message.

Out of the extracted contents i ran the setup.exe in the menu folder, and this ran right through - but no change to my error message.

Any ideas anyone?

Also on a separate issue, is PD6 capable of creation a 'SpecialFeatures' style menu option in the menus on your DVD?

cheers Duncan
[Post New]
I have same problem.

Have you manage to overcome the rpoblem and can you advise what shall i do to burn DVD with menus

thanks
Jorge jmmsmaia
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Have you guys tried to burn a Disk folder only, Uncheck Burn Disk.

If you are successful in creating the Disk Folder, there any number of free disk burning applications you can use to burn the folder to disk.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.