Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Troubleshooting Producing the Video
Cassy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2023 09:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am producing my first video. The video has about 34 seconds to go, when suddenly, there seems to be audio from two clips playing at the same time.

This 2nd audio doesn't show up when I play the timeline video. It doesn't show up when I render the preview. It only shows up when I produce the final video.

I've looked at the video timeline. There isn't a second audio track. There is only one.

Does anyone know what is causing this? I've worked very hard learning PowerDirector, but I can't find anything that would help me fix this.

I hope there is an easy solution to this problem.

Thank you so much.

Cassy
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Although strange behavior of and in the timeline has been reported, in most cases PD will produce what is in the timeline. Sometime there are leftovers from the editing process somewhere in the timeline that can only be found when zooming in.
what I can think of without seeing the actual timeline are the following suggestions:
  • start looking around this 34 secs mark as you mention, are there in any track any clips left.
  • Try to delete the empty tracks to see whether there are more tracks than the 3 that are usually left
  • check the original clip that plays around the 34 sec mark to see whether it has the expected audio and nothing else
  • I guess that you have tried saving the project, closing and restarting PD and loading the project again
  • Try to mute the audio tracks and produce to see whether the audio is still there
  • or even add some audio deliberately around the 34 spot and see what happens
  • and as a last resort, nu install and reinstall PD, checking whether you have the most recent version
  • if that does not work, you might consider sharing the project in the forum, or with customer support of CL to seee whether they can help out.