Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Inserting Title and Text into Video
Cassy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2023 09:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I created a title in the title manager, but I don't know how to insert the title into my video. Could someone tell me where I can go to find the steps to do this?

Also, if I want to insert a subscribe and like text into my video, do I use the template and place it on the second track (under my video)? If I do that, will it appear on my video?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cassy
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I created a title in the title manager, but I don't know how to insert the title into my video. Could someone tell me where I can go to find the steps to do this?

Also, if I want to insert a subscribe and like text into my video, do I use the template and place it on the second track (under my video)? If I do that, will it appear on my video?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cassy

The fact that it's called the Title Room or Title Designer is a little misleading since you can use it to just add simple text wherever you want. But you can just right-click the "title" you've selected and then "Insert on Timeline." That will insert it where your timeline marker is currently located. Or there's a button for it below the list of "title" styles. Alternatively you can drag your selected "title" to the desired location on the timeline and drop it there. I've been putting my text/titles in Track 2.

You can move it around and resize it in the preview window.

By default your title/text in Track 2 (or whatever track you use) will be simply overlaid on top of your video in Track 1, but there are various blending modes to choose from as well.

Here's a tutorial from Cyberlink:
https://www.cyberlink.com/blog/video-editing-basics/481/how-to-add-text-to-video

Whatever is displayed in your preview window, such as your subscribe and like text, is what will show on YouTube.

Hope this helps!