Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black Border lines on PiP or Second Video Track
XenoGenic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2020 23:43 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
For a while now, it seems like my videos on my Second Video track appear with a Black Border around the edge.
When I render this, the Black Border does not dissappear, When I mask the Footage, it seems to dissappear on the areas that are cut out.

Previous Versions on V16 and V12 don't recreate this issue.
I've checked my PiPs and nothing is ticket, but I'm confused what it could be.

Has anyone got a solution to this?
[Thumb - image_2023-08-08_190725270.png]
 Filename
image_2023-08-08_190725270.png
[Disk]
 Description
After Mask (Border Disappears)
 Filesize
632 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
[Thumb - image_2023-08-08_190627894.png]
 Filename
image_2023-08-08_190627894.png
[Disk]
 Description
Before Mask (Has Border)
 Filesize
630 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2023 05:10

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm. Does this clip have a border when positioned in track 1? Or the put it differently: does the clip itself have this black border? Does a border show when you play the clip in a media player? It looks like it does have a border, because masking it will remove it.
V12 and V16 do not show a border for this very same clip? IF so, that is a bit weird, right? But not unlikely because PD has it flaws and bugs. If V12 and V16 do not and v21 (or the up-to-date V365) show the border, can you share a bit of that clip with us?

The other option is to zoom in a bit so that the border is not visible, the picture will become a little larger.
XenoGenic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hmm. Does this clip have a border when positioned in track 1? Or the put it differently: does the clip itself have this black border? Does a border show when you play the clip in a media player? It looks like it does have a border, because masking it will remove it.
V12 and V16 do not show a border for this very same clip? IF so, that is a bit weird, right? But not unlikely because PD has it flaws and bugs. If V12 and V16 do not and v21 (or the up-to-date V365) show the border, can you share a bit of that clip with us?

The other option is to zoom in a bit so that the border is not visible, the picture will become a little larger.

I had a look at it seems like it does, looking at the file size too, it does not have any discrepancies that I can see.
[Thumb - image_2023-08-10_121724798.png]
 Filename
image_2023-08-10_121724798.png
[Disk]
 Description
Track 1 (Non-Masked
 Filesize
425 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - image_2023-08-10_121756730.png]
 Filename
image_2023-08-10_121756730.png
[Disk]
 Description
File Format
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Neither can I.
Maybe share a bit of this file with the border here (if you feel confortable sharing), so that we can see the same for ourselves?
The masking or zooming is for now the solution I would say
XenoGenic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Neither can I.
Maybe share a bit of this file with the border here (if you feel confortable sharing), so that we can see the same for ourselves?
The masking or zooming is for now the solution I would say

Would there be any possible that maybe it's a setting?
I done a short for a friend not too long ago, same issue persists of that random black border. Masking does remove it entirely.

I did try some other recording software and it only seems to be this version.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QYsYI0sS1aI
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Can you share a screenshot of that video open in the PiP Designer? It is possible that a setting in that window is causing the border.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
XenoGenic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Can you share a screenshot of that video open in the PiP Designer? It is possible that a setting in that window is causing the border.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Here you go!
[Thumb - image_2023-08-11_173244598.png]
 Filename
image_2023-08-11_173244598.png
[Disk]
 Description
In PiP designer
 Filesize
1008 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I have checked, in some not all clips I have a black border too. I don’t know why and how, but when i open the clip in the crop/zoom/pan designer, it becomes very clear that the scale of the clip is smaller than it should/might be. When I adjust the scaling from 1.000 to 0.990 the border is gone.

Maybe an expert can tell us what is happening here.

original:

after zoom 0.990

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 11. 2023 07:55

XenoGenic [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've managed to render two more videos as a test and it seems like any Track has these Lines.
i've gone through all settings, and nothing.
Hopefully this is resolved soon.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hopefully this is resolved soon.

That's unlikely to happen unless you officially report the issue to CL tech support.
'
You can reach them here, and I suggest that you include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything that's been posted so far.
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar issue a while back that Jeff helped me with:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119134.page

Quick summary... PowerDirector didn't properly handle the files generated from a particular app I use called "Dualgram" on the iPhone. It seems that PD sometimes doesn't "like" files with a variable frame rate (VFR). I had a small black border at the top. Initially I didn't see it in preview until turning off the "shadow files" option. Like you, I didn't have any problem with a border on those files when viewed in other video players.

The two solutions were:

1) run the files through Handbrake (an open source video transcoder) with a constant framerate, import those newly generated files into the PD media library, and re-add / edit them in the timeline

or, and this is what I did since I didn't want to take the time to do all the edits in the timeline again (cuts, etc)...

2) scale slightly to get rid of the border

I don't know if this is the exact same issue you're having -- just a thought. It's an issue I'd like to see go away with PD (solution 3? laughing)