Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black screen producing video with audio muted
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Clipping a short video (mp4) from my phone in PD365, produced with the audio muted, and get a black screen. If I unmute the audio it produces fine. I did it three times with the same result.

EDITED: Okay, so if I take the video I produced with audio, and then mute that one, it produces fine. So it must be something with the cell phone video? It's not an issue now since I was able to do it, but I would like to know for future use if anyone has any thoughts.
[Thumb - settings.png]
 Filename
settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2023 18:07

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Clipping a short video (mp4) from my phone in PD365, produced with the audio muted, and get a black screen. If I unmute the audio it produces fine. I did it three times with the same result.

EDITED: Okay, so if I take the video I produced with audio, and then mute that one, it produces fine. So it must be something with the cell phone video? It's not an issue now since I was able to do it, but I would like to know for future use if anyone has any thoughts.

You might try pref > Hardware Acceleration and uncheck the hardware decode option and see if that helps.

Jeff
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]

You might try pref > Hardware Acceleration and uncheck the hardware decode option and see if that helps.

Jeff

This worked! But do you have any idea why muting the audio would cause a problem?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This worked! But do you have any idea why muting the audio would cause a problem?

I know of no logical reason. There have been a lot of bugs in PD through the years with hardware decoding and encoding that never really get resolved. The features are great when they work and I use them often, the implementation in PD has shown it's just not very robust.

Jeff