Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MAC Sonoma - don't do it.
austenjlennon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2022 16:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I couldn't wait so I downloaded the beta Mac Sonoma... it works great but it was only after three days of using it that I discovered that Power-director crashes consistently and there are many many bugs... so don't upgrade yet!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2023 15:07

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for giving the forum users of the Mac version the heads up.

Can you maybe also send a support ticket to CyberLink?

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
austenjlennon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2022 16:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry - I reverted back to Ventura.... If I take the plunge again I will send you a report.

Quote Hello,

Thanks for giving the forum users of the Mac version the heads up.

Can you maybe also send a support ticket to CyberLink?

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Tom Maya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2020 05:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have now reported several bugs. Even the application manager now crashes when starting.
TimHine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2015 12:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I too have updated the o.s. on my mac mini pro to Sonoma and found that PowerDirector now crashes on launch.. I've tried a fresh install of the application but still the same.

On the whole, Sonoma is very stable and PowerDirector is the only app that crashes for me so far.
Bobinator [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2022 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I had tried to update to Sonoma in July on my 2020 MacBook Pro 13. I had this same issue with constant crashes. I had reverted back to Ventura. I have since sold my 2020 Pro and am now on the 2023 MacBook Air 15. I figured the production release of Sonoma was only about a week or so out, so I thought it would not be an issue any longer. I upgraded to the latest Beta of Sonoma(non-developer). I can say it does not crash like it did. I previously could not add tracks to the timeline before it would crash. I have now compiled small multi-track projects and renedered them without crashes. I am now getting very odd audio delay issues. The first track's audio seems to play properly but seems to also carry on past the end of the track it is muxed to. The second track starts the video and the first tracks audio finishes moments later but the second tracks audio delays from beginning even more.. This puts the rest of the audio out of sync. I tried doing a Render Preview and the tracks play correctly but once rendered they do this weird delay issue consistently. I tried rearranging tracks like putting the first and second on the same track of the timeline and just letting one go straight into the second and I get the same issue. Pretty weird being so close to the production release of the OS and still having these types of lingering issues.
Bobinator [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2022 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I updated PD to version 22.0.5717.0 today. I tried a. project I had put together earleir today. The earlier encoding had the audio sync issue. This was the exact same project because I saved it after the unsuccessful encoding. After the update, the project encoded with the audio issue resolved!!! I don't have to try to revert to Ventura now...yeah!!!