Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Player and Resolution
Argonaut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 06:43 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 21.3.2727.0. I completed a project ending up with 12 separate "chapters" saved as both 4K and HQ (720X460) files. These files are as big as 7gb. I want to show / autoplay these video chapaters sequentially from a laptop on a 4K TV.

Is there a prefered, or recommended program to use that is dependable and user friendly? Win Media Player, VLC, other?

Also, In viewing tests, I'm not seeing a discernible resolution difference between the 4K and HQ files. Why is this? I'd much rather use the much smaller sized files if I can get away with it. Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Director 21.3.2727.0. I completed a project ending up with 12 separate "chapters" saved as both 4K and HQ (720X460) files. These files are as big as 7gb. I want to show / autoplay these video chapaters sequentially from a laptop on a 4K TV.

Is there a prefered, or recommended program to use that is dependable and user friendly? Win Media Player, VLC, other?

Also, In viewing tests, I'm not seeing a discernible resolution difference between the 4K and HQ files. Why is this? I'd much rather use the much smaller sized files if I can get away with it. Thanks.

It really depends what your source video clips were for your produced projects. You're not going to add a lot of quality producing to 4k if source clips were only DVD HQ quality. It also depends heavily on viewing device, anything can look good on a phone or 14" monitor, maybe not on a 75" UHD 4K TV. Quality also very dependent on viewer, not all see or are bothered by differences.

Any player you're comfortable with and plays your created content.

Jeff