Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Copy and Paste a Clip at the Front of Your Video (from your Video) as a Tease
Cassy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2023 09:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to copy and paste a clip (from my video) at the front of video (before the title appears) as a tease for the entire video.

I want to keep my video intact so I don't want to remove the tease from its original spot in the video. I just want to have it at the front of the video to intice viewers to keep watching. I have seen some podcasters do this on YouTube and I really like it.

I searched YouTube videos on PowerDirector, but didn't find a video on this. If you could let me know how to do this or where I can go and learn how to do this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Cassy
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would like to copy and paste a clip (from my video) at the front of video (before the title appears) as a tease for the entire video.

I want to keep my video intact so I don't want to remove the tease from its original spot in the video. I just want to have it at the front of the video to intice viewers to keep watching. I have seen some podcasters do this on YouTube and I really like it.

I searched YouTube videos on PowerDirector, but didn't find a video on this. If you could let me know how to do this or where I can go and learn how to do this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Cassy

You do it basically as you describe. Click on tease clip and "Copy", move scrubber to the front of timeline by dragging or keyboard "Home" key, "Paste". You'll be given a few options on how to handle timeline ripple.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would like to copy and paste a clip (from my video) at the front of video (before the title appears) as a tease for the entire video.

Thank you so much!

Cassy

I almost always do this to play a portion of the video.
Select the part you want with the yellow cursor,
The Copy button appears, click on it, move the cursor to the position you want to place, press the keys Ctrl + V (Paste) together