Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Split long mpg into several mp4s?
Diver42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2023 14:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have PowerDirector 16 on Windows 10. I have a long mpg file converted from VHS that has a year's worth of events on it. I imported the mpg into PD16 and put it on the timeline. Now I want to split off pieces and save each as its own mp4, i.e. Xmas89.mp4, Spring90.mpr, Summer90.mp4, etc. What's the best way to do that?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi I have PowerDirector 16 on Windows 10. I have a long mpg file converted from VHS that has a year's worth of events on it. I imported the mpg into PD16 and put it on the timeline. Now I want to split off pieces and save each as its own mp4, i.e. Xmas89.mp4, Spring90.mpr, Summer90.mp4, etc. What's the best way to do that?

Best would depend on details of what you want.

You could:
1) split and save each segment to its own pds file and produce each. You'd have unique pds files to edit later if desired.
2) use range markers to mark off each segment and then use the produce range feature. Each range temporary and you'd have to redo if you wanted some change.

Jeff