Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gremlins?
Argonaut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 06:43 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 21.3.2727.0. I’m working on a project that will be about 90 minutes in length, finished. I have divided the project into several “segments” that I have exported separately from the timeline and saved as AVC 4K MP4 files. I assume that I can import and connect these segments (about 12gbs worth) on the timeline as one complete project, and then export the complete project as one big AVC 4K MP4 file to be put on a USB drive for viewing on a 4K TV. I believe this is what has been recommended to get the best viewing resolution. 12gbs on the timeline is going to be a long timeline, huh? Am I on the right track? Could I just put the separate segments on a USB drive, and is there a way to have them play automatically, consecutively? Are there any gremlins lurking about that I need to be aware of? Thanks in advance for the advice.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Director 21.3.2727.0. I’m working on a project that will be about 90 minutes in length, finished. I have divided the project into several “segments” that I have exported separately from the timeline and saved as AVC 4K MP4 files. I assume that I can import and connect these segments (about 12gbs worth) on the timeline as one complete project, and then export the complete project as one big AVC 4K MP4 file to be put on a USB drive for viewing on a 4K TV. I believe this is what has been recommended to get the best viewing resolution. 12gbs on the timeline is going to be a long timeline, huh? Am I on the right track? Could I just put the separate segments on a USB drive, and is there a way to have them play automatically, consecutively? Are there any gremlins lurking about that I need to be aware of? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi,

Several points to consider :-
Production
No real issues combining segments together. Using SVRT will ensure minimum loss of quality on rendering.
Keeping them separate has some obvious advantages in the event you ever needed to alter/re-edit a piece.

Playback
More practically - not all TV are equal and playback functionality does vary between models and manufacturers. Even the availability of USB ports can be a constraint if you have other peripherals - firestick etc.
Personally, I would do a couple of trials with short clips to see what your TV(s) can handle and how the playback controls work..
Segments allow more flexible user choice, rather than having to FF to a point in a larger film - but that might depend on content.

Other than that, trial and error with short clips to start with?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Argonaut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 06:43 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

Several points to consider :-
Production
No real issues combining segments together. Using SVRT will ensure minimum loss of quality on rendering.
Keeping them separate has some obvious advantages in the event you ever needed to alter/re-edit a piece.

Playback
More practically - not all TV are equal and playback functionality does vary between models and manufacturers. Even the availability of USB ports can be a constraint if you have other peripherals - firestick etc.
Personally, I would do a couple of trials with short clips to see what your TV(s) can handle and how the playback controls work..
Segments allow more flexible user choice, rather than having to FF to a point in a larger film - but that might depend on content.

Other than that, trial and error with short clips to start with?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Greeting to Taiwan. Thank you for your valuable suggestions. - Bob