Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound out of sync solution found
Peter B. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld. Australia Joined: Apr 07, 2007 21:13 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I am wondering if other people have had the sync problem that occurs in Power Director 5. i.e the sound gets out of sync with the movie.

I have discovered at least 1 of the causes (not sure if there are other causes) & how to fix it. It may also help with the occasional crashes.

Let me know if you'd like my further comments on this problem and I would be happy to let you know my findings.

Regards,

Peter B.
melody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I got the same problem, you can share your experience to us.
Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Peter B. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld. Australia Joined: Apr 07, 2007 21:13 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Ah! At last! I was beginning to think I was the only one who had that problem.

While making a large slideshow (about 250 photos), I found that when I put a short ending video at the end, the sound of the video appeared about 5 secs before the actual clip. Up til then I hadn't noticed anything was wrong. I tried going back through the slides to see where the problem was in case there was a dodgy transition or something. No matter where I inserted the small video the sound was still out of sync. I also noticed that some transitions didn't start & finish when they were supposed to. Odd...

Then I looked at the duration of the slides. I had selected magic motion on them all & PD had altered the length of the duration I initially had. That was ok bit I also noticed it had set a weird time of something like 7:13 secs. Just for the heck of it I retyped the time in again (at 7:13) & when I ok'd it, I thought I noticed the length of the slide change ever so slightly. I then zoomed in on another slide to fit the whole length of the timeline so I could get a better look. I retyped the same duration & when I ok'd it this time I could definitely see a change in the length of the slide. Over the course of 20 mins this made the sound get so far out.

I then went through the whole slideshow & changed them all to 7 secs. At this point I wished there was a way to change the duration of all selected... Are you listening Cyberlink?
Low & behold when I inserted the small video at the end, the sound matched perfectly! Perhaps this was why PD also decided to crash at times. Maybe it was trying to sync things that were out of whack, because I also noticed it didn't crash after this fix.

So that was what I found. If you use magic motion & you find the sound gets out of sync, have a look at re-doing the durations. It worked for me.

Let me know if you have a similar problem & if this works for you.

Regards,

Peter B.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
The only solution I found was upgrading from a Sony Vaio P4, to a Toshiba Core 2 Duo T5200. This of course means a new computer, but WOW, what a difference in analog capture. Crisp video and synced audio. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!