Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create custom masks from text and images
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I think I did this correctly in the past but I had 1 video on the timeline and went into Mask Designer and then

"Create custom masks from text and images" because I wanted the video to make up the letters, etc

that part worked but it is a black screen and you don't see any other part of the video

is there a way for me to choose that create custom mask option and then put those letters on the video where you can also see the normal video only with the text showing as well

mine show the black screen with those letters but then you cannot see the video

Hope someone can let me know how to do this. I also noticed in this new PD 365 the titles are different and I did not see the standard title that I would use the most often. There were all these other titles showing in the choices
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think I did this correctly in the past but I had 1 video on the timeline and went into Mask Designer and then

"Create custom masks from text and images" because I wanted the video to make up the letters, etc

that part worked but it is a black screen and you don't see any other part of the video

is there a way for me to choose that create custom mask option and then put those letters on the video where you can also see the normal video only with the text showing as well

mine show the black screen with those letters but then you cannot see the video

Hope someone can let me know how to do this. I also noticed in this new PD 365 the titles are different and I did not see the standard title that I would use the most often. There were all these other titles showing in the choices

It would have to be a different video or scaled, if identical to what's used in the "Mask" letters, the effect would be just the plain video. Really the same as was shown here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118431.page#445682 just put the background video in track 1, and the mask video in track 2.

If you wanted the same video, then that's just a normal title with no font face but a font border to outline the letters.

Jeff