Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 21 Intros missing?
toddlakey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2021 20:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am missing the listed Into's in 21 (v21.0.2902.0), I have all my saved once but no other templates. running Windows 11.
any help would be appriciated
[Thumb - Missing Templates.png]
 Filename
Missing Templates.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2023 10:51

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am missing the listed Into's in 21 (v21.0.2902.0), I have all my saved once but no other templates. running Windows 11.

Hi,
I presume the Intro room is the only one affected??

Have you tried an uninstall and reinstall and see if that resets things?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am missing the listed Into's in 21 (v21.0.2902.0), I have all my saved once but no other templates. running Windows 11.

You have the perpetual version of PD21, I know CL marketing claims it's included, shown in attached pic, but I've never seen it functional in any perpetual release, 21.0.2031, 21.0.2721 or 21.0.2902. As such, I really doubt the suggested reinstall will help. The room simply does not populate as it should.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_IntroDesigner2.PNG]
 Filename
PD21_IntroDesigner2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You have the perpetual version of PD21, I know CL marketing claims it's included, shown in attached pic, but I've never seen it functional in any perpetual release, 21.0.2031, 21.0.2721 or 21.0.2902. As such, I really doubt the suggested reinstall will help. The room simply does not populate as it should.

Jeff

CL has released a patch which claims to correct the into/outro templates for the perpetual version, only 10 months late after claiming initial product contained the templates. Well, it appears to only add the into templates, no outro templates, so they maybe did half the job. Your mileage may vary.

Jeff
[Thumb - Update_3111.PNG]
 Filename
Update_3111.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]

CL has released a patch which claims to correct the into/outro templates for the perpetual version, only 10 months late after claiming initial product contained the templates. Well, it appears to only add the into templates, no outro templates, so they maybe did half the job. Your mileage may vary.

Jeff

Yes, I just installed the patch and the intros are there.
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I only wander past this forum when something doesn't work or I'm looking for an idea. Today I came across this thread, I've never thought about Intros/Outros, as a PD21 perpetual user (fully patched 2902) I had a look at my version of PD2. I have the Intro/Outro menu items but no content, should I have or is it for me to download from the net. I'm not losing sleep over it just interested.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I only wander past this forum when something doesn't work or I'm looking for an idea. Today I came across this thread, I've never thought about Intros/Outros, as a PD21 perpetual user (fully patched 2902) I had a look at my version of PD2. I have the Intro/Outro menu items but no content, should I have or is it for me to download from the net. I'm not losing sleep over it just interested.

Fully patched is not 2902.

As this post attached pic showed, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118991.page#post_box_448096 perpetual was supposed to included the intro/outro templates, but it never has. It appears new patch 3111 was to correct this, but it has issues too. It populates the intro menu with templates, but removed the outro menu and therefor it has no populated outro templates.

It's like I said, 10 months later it appears they managed to do half the job.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Too funny. So many users claim CL has NO active visibility in these forums yet through the years I've shown many immediate modifications that can only be made by CL after a post in these forums. Here's yet another one.

They mess up and don't have proper intro and outro templates which they advertise as available in PD21 in original release. They finally issue a patch with a note that it corrects intro/outro templates, but in reality, it did not. The patch only corrects the intro templates and entirely removes the outro template tag. So, what's their corrective action, surely not to provide a proper patch to get what was advertised, BUT, lets rewrite the patch notes to only say intro. Classic! CL program managers, that's truly low.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Intro_Outro.png]
 Filename
PD21_Intro_Outro.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)