Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Spell Check
meg14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2022 09:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any form of spell check that integrates with Power Director?

I use titles for commentary on videos and there is a lot of text. I am a terrible speller and was wondering if there was any type of spell check feature that I was missing.

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any form of spell check that integrates with Power Director?

I use titles for commentary on videos and there is a lot of text. I am a terrible speller and was wondering if there was any type of spell check feature that I was missing.

Thanks

That's another one of those long time requests, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7569.page#30703 , at least 14yrs and still never incorporated. One option is to copy and paste title text as you create titles to your favorite online spell checker or local app. If you have several titles in one Title Designer window, you can select all, copy and paste to make things a little easier.

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
No there is no spell checking available in PD.
You write that there is a lot of text. What I do it such case is, inserting the text using a word processor with a spell checker on board. I separate text in paragraphs and lines and cut and paste the texts into the PD title and subtitle rooms. It goes a bit faster too. The disadvantage of working ahead is that you need to have a clear text plan. You can of course keep the word processor and PD side by side.
Having a spell checker available in PD would in some cases be very useful. You can submit a suggestion in the file/Rate us & provide suggestions menu.
I’d rather have the developers work on (more) stability and improving usability