Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quick question - where's the movie versus clip selection on the preview window of PD21?
PaulZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2015 17:33 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Moving from PD17 PD21 and I can't figure out how to switch the preview from "Movie" to "Clip". PD17 had a button for this, but it doesn't seem to be there in PD21. Is there some sort of "Advanced" button I need to click to get this back, or is there another way to do this now?

Thanks!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Do you mean PgUp and PgDn?
See hotkeys
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Moving from PD17 PD21 and I can't figure out how to switch the preview from "Movie" to "Clip". PD17 had a button for this, but it doesn't seem to be there in PD21. Is there some sort of "Advanced" button I need to click to get this back, or is there another way to do this now?

Thanks!

It was removed. You can still use Page Up and Page Down to toggle between. pref > Editing also provides an option to Switch to movie mode ........

Jeff
PaulZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2015 17:33 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]

It was removed. You can still use Page Up and Page Down to toggle between. pref > Editing also provides an option to Switch to movie mode ........

Jeff

Interesting. Why'd they remove it? I seemed like I was always using those buttons.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Interesting. Why'd they remove it? I seemed like I was always using those buttons.

Not sure, CL never provides any release notes of value that indicate any logic for a release or what's new, what's still broken, so on. It was removed at PD20 but left in the menus, it's still in the playback menu at PD21, that's just not too convenient. I use the Page Up and Page Down keys when needed, I don't care for the pref setting. Each editor I guess just kind of develops a different editing method that would work for them until the next shuffle.

CL kind of has a knack for moving things around in the GUI, removing things, shuffle of other items, release, and call it an update. Often moved items never fully connected properly and often don't work on initial release and take an extra iteration or two to correct. Recently they removed about 25 FX, based on forum feedback, many of which people used, just gone, no sunset release guidance, nothing, just removed. A later PD365 update added a few back with a note of improved, what was improved not yet identified in the forum.

Jeff