Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Imported PNGs
joebataz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2023 02:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

Noobie here.
Simple question; I am working with 1280 X720 H264 .mp4s on an iMac
I am inporting small PNG static graphics to put over top of the .mp4
When I drag a PNG from the Media Content section onto a track it comes in blown up to 1280 px wide instead of the 50 px wide the actual document size. I can right click and do an edit to get the PNG to the right size but over the course of the .mp4 I may use a PNG dozens of times for varying lengths of time and I have about 30 individual PNG switching in and out based on what's going on.
Actually I am using Dragonframe 5 to create Stop Motion animations of Lego minifigures. The PNGs are facial items; eyes, mouth shapes, beards so I need to synchronize the facial items to the audio track of the .mp4. I can also generate the audio and import it as a separate track.
But the real issue is to be able to drag the PNGs into a track without having to edit each one as I drag it.
Is there a way to set a static image size for each of the PNGs so I only need to worry about positioning?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Joe B

ps I know Stop Motion Studio has faces built-in but I'm not real happy with the quality and I'm having trouble getting my camera to stay connected. Also the chroma keying isn't that great either.

thx
jb

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2023 03:13

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi folks,

Noobie here.
Simple question; I am working with 1280 X720 H264 .mp4s on an iMac
I am inporting small PNG static graphics to put over top of the .mp4..........................

But the real issue is to be able to drag the PNGs into a track without having to edit each one as I drag it.
Is there a way to set a static image size for each of the PNGs so I only need to worry about positioning?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Joe B

Hi,

I don't have a mac to trial this on but, as far as I know it's the same as on the win version. Please shout out if I have this incorrect.

There is no facility to import "pixel by pixel" - any image gets auto resized to the full canvas. Other editors may do this in differing ways such as "center crop with no resizing" or other project setting options.

This workaround might save you time in the right circumstances, but it may be too cumbersome in others.

Import your first copy of your png.
Drag to a spare timeline and re-size (and/or position) as required. This will act as a "master"

Import and drag other required png images to the spare timeline

Use the Copy Keyframe Attributes function (rt click>Copy Keyframe Attributes on image clip) to copy keyframe attr from the first "master" png file

Select all the other required png files on the spare timeline, use the Paste Keyframe Attributes (same menu access) and that should paste the same sized image (and/or position) attributes as your first "master" png into all the selected pngs.

Not suitable in all circumstances but, from your description, it might save time??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Another option if supported on the MAC version is to just place your pic on the timeline and scale as desired. For your next one, copy and paste this or any previously sized pics to your new spot. You can use Ctrl Alt drag and drop from media library a new pic over this pic in the timeline. It will replace the pic and keep the size.

Jeff