Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Echo and Audio Duplication After Preview Rendering a Video / Audio Clip
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please an someone assist.

I recently redered a preview on a few video clips on my currrent project's timeline (one of the clips had also been trimmed).

Since doing this, when I play the trimmed clip back, I hear the original unclipped version of the relevant clip over the audio of the final cut version of the clip, which makes it sound as if there is an 'out of sync' echo on the recording. If I double click onto the clip and then return to the timeline, this clears the problem and is ok for the next 1, 2 3 or however many times I play the clip back. However If I exit PD and return to the project later, the same problem presents itself?

I was thinking of removing the clip from the timeline into another empty part of the project, extending it back to it's original size and then trimming it again to fit back into the gap? This might work but I thought I would first ask if someone else has encountered this and, if so, is there a simple fix that I am missing.

The reason I rendered the preview in the first instance was because of slow glitchy playback when I was editing the relevant part of the timeline (and general editing playback throughout).

DXDIAG attached,

many thanks,

Tim
 Filename
DxDiag 28.05.23.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
63 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I simply wouldn't use render preview. Way too many issues that have persisted for years, audio echoes, wrong video playing, hung produce sessions,.... vs benefit. Reduce preview quality, produce range of timeline, are better options to provide some potential relief.

Jeff
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I simply wouldn't use render preview. Way too many issues that have persisted for years, audio echoes, wrong video playing, hung produce sessions,.... vs benefit. Reduce preview quality, produce range of timeline, are better options to provide some potential relief.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I will try 'produce range'

Regards

Tim
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks Jeff. I will try 'produce range'

Regards

Tim

This problem persisted with a specific audio and video clip that I had rendered within the timeline. Once I double clicked on it to get to the PiP designer, exited without doing anything and replayed the clip, the echoing went. I say echoing - what it was doing was playing the audio from the front part of the clip that I had previously trimmed as if I had not. So when I played the clip back, I got two versions of the audio - the full version and trimmed version. The Pip designer only acted as a temporary fix because if I closed PD down, on returning to the project the next session, the problem would return. It seems that I have found a permanent fix for this particular issue and that is to use restoration assistant (dialogue in this case). Since doing this, I have closed/reopened the project on numerous occasions and all seems good. FYI

Thanks

Tim