Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The old FX features are gone. Suggest to restore them.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Please see this discussion:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52392.page

A number of older FX features, including the timestamp have been dropped in the latest PD version(s). There is a work around made available by Optodata, which works fine as a work around, but is obviously not the way the users and Cyberlink (really?) want to go forward. Given that Cyberlink claims NOT to read any of what i in this forum (whereas we think they should) but rather use the Rate us & provide suggestions (behind the File Menu in PD), we suggest that you all use this 'provide suggestions' to make it clear that we DO use a number of these good old FX features.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2023 14:11

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Happy to report that I received a reaction from customer support:
With reference to your query, we've escalated the suggestion to product team as software development reference.
We thank you for reporting this to us and we appreciate your feedback.

Let's see what comes.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I got a similar response. I don't think I've ever gotten a message back from anything I submitted via Rate Us & Provide Suggestions before, but clearly people do actually review that feedback.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Very happy to report that in the latest version (1 June 2023) 21.5.3001.0 a number of FX features are back and available again.
Good show! Thanks Cyberlink....
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very happy to report that in the latest version (1 June 2023) 21.5.3001.0 a number of FX features are back and available again.
Good show! Thanks Cyberlink....

Probably nothing to do with any of these posts or your support inquiry. If you look at the PDM release notes, it specifically states "improved versions of the following style effects: Magnifier, Edge, Time Stamp, Pencil Sketch." which were four of the ones removed. They obviously had something in the works and the notes also indicate a plan to release more in next release, so why didn't support inform you of that rather than a benign escalated to product team reply?

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]

Probably nothing to do with any of these posts or your support inquiry. If you look at the PDM release notes, it specifically states "improved versions of the following style effects: Magnifier, Edge, Time Stamp, Pencil Sketch." which were four of the ones removed. They obviously had something in the works and the notes also indicate a plan to release more in next release, so why didn't support inform you of that rather than a benign escalated to product team reply?

Jeff

Very likely, yes. Still have to find out what has been improved.