Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Partial Export
Judd1365 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2023 14:40 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I've created a video that's approximately 25 min long. When I export, it's only allowing me to export (and render) 3:34 of the video? How do I adjust to get the entire video exported?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
We'd need a lot more info to help. What does the progress bar look like when you're producing? Does it show a full 25 minute video length or only 3:34? Do you get a completion notice or does the producing just stop? A screenshot of the timeline and of the Produce/Export screen would help a lot,

Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload them here.
Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote We'd need a lot more info to help. What does the progress bar look like when you're producing? Does it show a full 25 minute video length or only 3:34? Do you get a completion notice or does the producing just stop? A screenshot of the timeline and of the Produce/Export screen would help a lot,

Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload them here.

I think I've figure out the problem, but not yet a solution. The project tabs has two tabs (middle of the screen, left side, just below where media picture and videos content is, and just above where the movie storyline is. The second tab is the one I produced the movie on but the first tab is that one that gets exported/rendered etc. It shows an "X" to delete the 2nd tab, which is the tab my movie is on, but not an "X" to delete the first. If I can isolate the 2nd tab, and delte the first, I should be all set.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like you're using nested projects. Again a screenshot would be really helpful
Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That sounds like you're using nested projects. Again a screenshot would be really helpful

Thank you for your patience. Attached is where I am. You can see that there are two tabs: "5-23-23 Haley Iceland", and the next one "Iceland". When I export or rendure, it only grabs the first tab, but I've made the movie and what I actually need is on tne 2nd tab (Iceland). But I can't seem to isolate the 2nd tab for export; I really don't even need the first tab.

So I've figure out why it's only downloading some of the video, It's pulling the first tab.

Apprecaite any help you can give me so I can complete my project.
[Thumb - Screen shot.jpg]
 Filename
Screen shot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2456 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The screen shot makes it a bit more clear: What we see is that you have inserted a project into another project as Optodata already surmised. That is it itself fine. Exporting will produce both the project and the inserted project clips, as you may have noticed. (But Only when there is something to show before the Iceland project). The first project, since this is the “leading” project, it cannot be deleted.
If you only want the second project, the Iceland clip, then the approach would be (only if indeed you have inserted the Iceland project and have this project saved separately on your disk!),
The steps are:
- You close the current project (which we see on your screen) and start a new project. Or restart PD that will also give you a new project.
- Then OPEN (not insert) the Iceland project, which will in itself be the (only) project, which when exported will become a separate video clip.

What I noticed is that the “x” marks before the inserted project name(s) are misleading. If you tick these crosses it appears that PD is not actually deleting the project, but it expands/fully displays the project in the timeline. If you want to delete an inserted project from your “master” project, then select the project on the timeline and select (with the right mouse button) “remove”. With the standard leave, fill or move question the project is deleted. I wonder why there is an “x” in the project tab.

Your solution (to the "I only need the second project...) would be: make the timeline empty (new project will do that) and open the project Iceland and export that.
Hope this helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2023 11:39

Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The screen shot makes it a bit more clear: What we see is that you have inserted a project into another project as Optodata already surmised. That is it itself fine. Exporting will produce both the project and the inserted project clips, as you may have noticed. (But Only when there is something to show before the Iceland project). The first project, since this is the “leading” project, it cannot be deleted.
If you only want the second project, the Iceland clip, then the approach would be (only if indeed you have inserted the Iceland project and have this project saved separately on your disk!),
The steps are:
- You close the current project (which we see on your screen) and start a new project. Or restart PD that will also give you a new project.
- Then OPEN (not insert) the Iceland project, which will in itself be the (only) project, which when exported will become a separate video clip.

What I noticed is that the “x” marks before the inserted project name(s) are misleading. If you tick these crosses it appears that PD is not actually deleting the project, but it expands/fully displays the project in the timeline. If you want to delete an inserted project from your “master” project, then select the project on the timeline and select (with the right mouse button) “remove”. With the standard leave, fill or move question the project is deleted. I wonder why there is an “x” in the project tab.

Your solution (to the "I only need the second project...) would be: make the timeline empty (new project will do that) and open the project Iceland and export that.
Hope this helps.

Trying to do that but when I remove the first tab, it's eliminating the work from the other tab. When i try to create a new project, it pulls both tabs in and i can't seperate. Unless i'm doing something wrong here; which could be the case as well. Any other thoughts?
thanks again
Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Trying to do that but when I remove the first tab, it's eliminating the work from the other tab. When i try to create a new project, it pulls both tabs in and i can't seperate. Unless i'm doing something wrong here; which could be the case as well. Any other thoughts?
thanks again

When i start a new project and go to "my projects" to pull the clips, when i pull them down it automatically populates 2-3 tabs and won't export just the one I need. Again, appreciate your help
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Try to open the project Iceland via files, open project, and search for the project file called Iceland and open it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2023 08:49

Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try to open the project Iceland via files, open project, and search for the project file called Iceland and open it.

When asked to "merge your project's media library files with the current media files in the library", should I click "yes" or "no"? Or doesn't this matter? I feel like I'm just missing something obvious here to get this
Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]

When asked to "merge your project's media library files with the current media files in the library", should I click "yes" or "no"? Or doesn't this matter? I feel like I'm just missing something obvious here to get this

Not finding where i can open just a file and not the project
Judd1365 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not finding where i can open just a file and not the project

I just went in and copied all, of what i needed, and pasted that to a new project; rendering now.