Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving and Re-using snipits of content
JBoucher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2023 08:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Good Morning.

I have created a 10 second visual timer with sound that I want to reuse about 20 times in each of my projects - think questions and answers

Is there a best way to reuse this in a way that is easy to do?

My mind wants to create a "timer module" that I can save, and call on that "timer module" each time I ask a question in a video and place it on the timeline. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do this properly. Do I save it as a project and load that project 30 times or should I export it as a video? or is there a better "best practice" that I should be utilizing.

This coincides with another question: Since my videos are going to be Q&A based, (About 15 seconds/question), my thought was to make each 15 second Q and A its own saveable snippit of content fully wrapped up with the timer and answer so that I can call on that Q&A in any subsequent vidio without having to redo it from scratch, just load that "Q&A" module and that question is added to a new video.

By doing every question as a 15 second, self contained section, I can quickly load old questions from the saves and/or reorder the video if needed.

Thoughts on how a newbie would save these snippets? Any sage advice is appreciated.

Jamie

Edit: When I add the Timer project to the Q&A timeline, it blacks out the screen and just shows the timer for the 10 second duration. If I move the timer up to a higher tract, the timer gets obsured by the objects below it. The Timer project, just consists of the visual timer tracts and music, on a default background, which is black. For some reason, I thought the back background was transparent.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2023 02:43

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good Morning.

I have created a 10 second visual timer with sound that I want to reuse about 20 times in each of my projects - think questions and answers

Is there a best way to reuse this in a way that is easy to do?

My mind wants to create a "timer module" that I can save, and call on that "timer module" each time I ask a question in a video and place it on the timeline. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do this properly. Do I save it as a project and load that project 30 times or should I export it as a video? or is there a better "best practice" that I should be utilizing.

This coincides with another question: Since my videos are going to be Q&A based, (About 15 seconds/question), my thought was to make each 15 second Q and A its own saveable snippit of content fully wrapped up with the timer and answer so that I can call on that Q&A in any subsequent vidio without having to redo it from scratch, just load that "Q&A" module and that question is added to a new video.

By doing every question as a 15 second, self contained section, I can quickly load old questions from the saves and/or reorder the video if needed.

Thoughts on how a newbie would save these snippets? Any sage advice is appreciated.

Jamie

Edit: When I add the Timer project to the Q&A timeline, it blacks out the screen and just shows the timer for the 10 second duration. If I move the timer up to a higher tract, the timer gets obsured by the objects below it. The Timer project, just consists of the visual timer tracts and music, on a default background, which is black. For some reason, I thought the back background was transparent.

Hi,

OK, several questions in one so.....

"it blacks out the screen and just shows the timer for the 10 second duration"

You need to use chromakey to remove the background. Traditionally this was done by making the background bright green or blue, other colors do not work so well.
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/98_01_13_green_screen.html?q=chroma+key

"My mind wants to create a "timer module" that I can save, and call on that "timer module" each time I ask a question in a video and place it on the timeline."

If the module is the same each time then use the same clip as a finished video, and just drop it in to your project timeline as required, apply your chromakey and repeat. If you want to be a bit slicker, use your clip once, then apply your chromakey to make the background trnsparent, then copy and paste this 1st clip as many times as you need. Each pasted copy will already have the chromakey applied.

However, if the timer needs customising each time, you may be better to insert a base timer project and then edit that as you go, but I would only use that in circumstances that really require it. You may choose to insert as an expanded project or a nested project.
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/05_01_04_importing_powerdirect.html?q=insert+project

This link with a packed project and video is a quick and dirty example of what I think you require?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ST4LSYCiIM_4GwBCvjhugcwmiV_0Cufj?usp=share_link

Hope that helps you get on your way!
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do